1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, here's some pics with the old tires

one with me in the car

i just felt like adding this one in lol

here's a couple with the new tires. i bought the kumho ecsta asx, the ultra high performance ALL SEASON. it's not my first choice, but i figured it's my daily driver and i don't want to have to change tires for the winter and i chose these over the pirelli pzero nero m+s because of the price! [:D] i'm in college, budget gets tight at times.

i upgraded the size from the stock 215/45/17 to 225/45/17. they look more like 50's which they're not but it took away from a little bit of the wheel/fender gap. the front looks pretty nice but at least the back could use a lowering.

going over uneven pavement on highways rubs the tires a bit [}:)]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW i have HIDS sitting on my bedroom floor right now! just got them like a week ago so i'll be installing them real soon and will definately post some pics [thumb]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah very nice, glad ya kept the 6 spoke rims, they look very very good.....

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i think those rims are the worst in the svt line up. but love the car!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Worst? I love mine. If I had to replace them I might go with EAP, but they look like a pain to clean. Only downside I see with the 6 spokes is there are parts that are tough to clean (those rectangular divets). Other than that, I love the way they compliment the lines.

Nice pics, notice much difference either way in dry grip? I plan on keeping 2 sets of wheels and tires for my SVT.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SVT Robzor said:
Nice pics, notice much difference either way in dry grip? I plan on keeping 2 sets of wheels and tires for my SVT.
oh yeah definately. they're a lot better than the stock conti's

·
Registered
295 Posts
S2 said:
Yeah very nice, glad ya kept the 6 spoke rims, they look very very good.....

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i like the way it looks too. kinda wish i got 225/40 so i could lower it with no worries of rubbing. i probably won't even worry about it now though

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looks great, especially with the 04 six spoke wheels! I even prefer them over the EAPs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts