Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
hey, i have an 02 svt, 90+ k on the clock.
my friend has xcal2, so bs around we hooked it up to my car and the lap top, went for a ride, and we discover that my car is not running like it should (i kinda knew it after i raced a zx3 with clutch, rear seat delete, intake, exhaust and chip) he pulled away on 1st 2nd and 3rd, i started catching up at around [nono] mph, by the time we hit [nono] i had him...
anyways, my dsi is opening at 6k, so i'm loosing a lot of power, how much do u think i'm loosing there?
i want to take my car for the dealer for a reflash, but i don't want to leave it. how long does it take to do it? is there any other way to do the reflash? i'm looking into an xcal2
thanks for your help/tips
javier

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The best place to change DSI is at 5.5k

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
nope newest software (factory) is 5.5. But instead of paying the dealer a bunch of cash to do this, and them having the car for like 2 days eventhough it takes like 20 mins to do the flash...just get a tune from Tom (1turbofocus). It will be maybe a tad bit more but will have many more benifits than a dealer tune.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Mine was definitely 5K with the factory ZED0 (2004 tune)
I'm also relatively certain that it's 5K on YRF0 (2002-2003 reflash) as well.

Regardless, I agree with the "just get a tune from Tom" comment. [;)]

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey tom, my friend just told me that u are selling sct, how much are they going for ?
if i get a used one i need to get it unlock, how much would that be...
thanks

javier

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
^^^Mine was definitely 5K with the factory ZED0 (2004 tune)
I'm also relatively certain that it's 5K on YRF0 (2002-2003 reflash) as well.

Regardless, I agree with the "just get a tune from Tom" comment. [;)]
Looks like ill be checking my dsi clip for damage...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts