Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading about the xcalibrator and other tunings in the forums, and i was wondering if doing this to a stock svt would require any other modifications to the transmission or drive train? would i be good to go by starting out with a tune like this with no other mods involved?

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I was told when I first got my svtf that a tune was the first thing I needed to do....I have yet to do it

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was curious because i am not a mechanic nor do i really know what changing one thing will do to effect other areas. i dont want to do a tune or anything else and have it tear up something stock that should have been upgraded.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I'm pretty sure it just changes the engine codes to modify your speed and rev limiters allows you to shut down the traction control (if you have TC) and a few other things . I know their are SC kits that don't require any internal upgrade and those come with tunes ,but their are guys on this forum that can give you specs on each tune and what it will do for you. At the top of this thread their is a post on tune reviews.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i was reading those. my question is mainly if a tune can be done alone without any other immediate upgrades.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes. U can tune your car wiyh no other modifacation no prob. All tuning does is optimize what u have.[thumb]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool. i may start to sound like a moron here, but will i need a laptop for this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
no. you only need a laptop for data logging. Flashing your car is very quick and easy, go for it you wont regret it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
You don't even have to go into all of that. If you get a flasher (SCT Xcal2 or Diablo Predator) all you have to do is plug the connector into your car's OBDII slot (there is a little door underneath the steering wheel- left side), press a couple of buttons, grab a snack and you are done.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have the tune and it does much more than just change the rev limits. It's about change of drivability by changing fuel curve revs and about 100 other peramiters. Wayne or tom could tell you best about tunes and stuff

·
FF Affiliate
31,178 Posts
I feel i have the best tune out there and for sure the tune with the least amount of issues

My tune will gain low and good mid range TQ and HP as well as better idle and with no surg issues throttle response will be better as well as many other things

My tune cost more at 495.00 (Diablo Predator with custom tune )but my customers arnt having all the issues either

Tom

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Tom - when you get a tune for the 04 svt that kills the tc let me know!
i'm looking for a tune but don't want one till that issue is solved, thanks

- Lee

·
FF Affiliate
31,178 Posts
I can turn off the TC on the 04 now BUT because it turns off the ABS with it i wont sell it

I have had good luck with the 04 NON Euro as for turning off the TC

Tom

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys. i think one of those flashers will be my next purchase.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts