Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a friend of mine came up to me and suggested a pretty unique intereior mod, and he needs a Clear liquid that he can put in his car, and it has to have a pretty low freezeing point. it gets pretty cold here, an its going to be a permante yr-round mod. a couple ideas we had was windshiel wiper fluid or anti freeze or even maybe a sal water solution that had about 40-50% salt.

Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
321 Posts
hotfocus is right, clear alcohol. If you are putting in something that is going to slosh, get something thicker though.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
hotfocus said:
Vodka[drinking]
Hell yea. When ever I have a bottle of Stolicnya (sp?), I always keep it in the freezer. Never freezes, well, not in there.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
a freezer is only around 18ºF approximately, and varies from freezer to freezer. Depending on the quantity of liquid we are talking about here, you can add an antifreeze, which won't color the liquid too much. It would be best, (though not environmentally) to use a glycol based antifreeze. Alcohol shouldn't freeze but it will eventually become a growth medium for bacteria, and when it gets hot...well alcohol isn't great on the high end, and it evaporates fast. You need something with a wide temperature range. I was thinking maybe brake fluid if you can find one clear, I know I've seen some. Could also try a silicone based lubricant, not the thick stuff you have in your house, but they do make a liquid silicone lubricant...contact GE silicone they could help you there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Still think baby oil is best Temperature in a locked car in summer will boil the alcohol and all anti freeze I have seen is colored. Silicone would work if you can find some. Brake fluid is clear is it doesn't absorb moister, but if it leaks watch out for paint and plastic. Makes a great paint remover. Also baby oil is cheap and available at any wal mart or similar store.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
If you use Vodka, don't drink it while your driving.....

·
Registered
793 Posts
what in the world is he trying to do??

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Brake fluid was a good ideadand there is a silicone based one on the market (5.0), but it is tinted light purple, all the other stuff will eat paint. Also it absorbs water easily.
Why wouldn't baby oil work? It would be hard to seal it so it doesn't seep, what all other than mineral oil and fragrence is in there? I'll agree it is cheap.
Some clear silicone liguid would be awesome, but what? I'll agree I'll bet ge makes something. Perhaps ....
I got it !!! Eureka..
The clear liquid inside of racing gauges..I believe it is glycerin?

·
Registered
321 Posts
glycerin it is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nope its not a secret but ill post picstures if it happends, still alot of problems with the mod. so i guess you have to wait and see
[:)~]

Thanks guys for the info

·
Registered
571 Posts
Foci said:
nope its not a secret but ill post picstures if it happends, still alot of problems with the mod. so i guess you have to wait and see
[:)~]

Thanks guys for the info
Let us know what you're tryin to do, maybe we can help ya solve some of those problems....

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
oldschool said:
glycerin it is.
nitro
use NITROglycerin.
sure is alot more fun when you wreck.lol [joke]

anyway....
what is this mod, you have definatly got my curiosity.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think he is going to make a fake fish tank in some part of the car. Maybe the coin holder by the guages.

I suspect he is adding fake fishies aswell[:)~]

just a guess...

Pzev

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
maybe he is a fish, and needs to fill the entire interior of the car with liquid?
[joke]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha Maybe, [;)]

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.