Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm a/c worked for a few months and I wonder if I removed the entire a/c system if and how much power I would get out of it?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
A bit, it's alot easier to just add in a UDP as that will compensate for the 'lack' of performance with the AC on.

With the AC turned off, the car really isn't drawing much as far as power from the unit so it won't make a big difference removed or not, IMO......

I've drove focus models with and without air installed and I felt little to NO difference, probably more in the NO range......

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Its not worth the trouble at all. Not to mention, degrades the value of the car.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
agreed.

You're in NM, so I'd probably keep it. The UDP would be a good option for you, imo.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
The AC pulls alot of power, there are worse vars than the focus. I had a Nissan sentra as a beater years ago, turn the AC off on hills, it was like a mini-turbo!!!

Yes, leave the AC on and just don't run it, it draws no HP when not being used.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Granted nm is hotter than a camels ass. I work in an a/c building all day. My a/c in the foc spits hott fire.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ya, leave the A/C on, you migth want it some day. The UDP is a good idea. With A/C on you car would probally be at stock power level as if it were off. And when its off its even better :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts