Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I have a SEL with electronic A/C.
Here where I live the temperature is around 40 - 44 ºC, so, most of the time I have the A/C on, but everytime that I turn off the air (and the car) and later turn it back on, I have to select the air recirculation, speed of blower, etc..
Is there any way to have the a/c preset to a specific configuration, so when I turn on the air is set where I want??

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Same but I have dual zone climate. Read somewhere that you can save a temperature profile as a default which is loaded whenever the vehicle starts up. Could that be the case here?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read all the manual, in the temperature controls area, but can't find anything about it.
I have the dual climate, but it keeps changing settings everytime I turn off the car.
The only way to keep the settings is turning off the car with the a/c on, but I think this is not good..

·
Registered
263 Posts
I know what you mean, and mine does the same thing. If you turn off your a/c and then turn off the car, it resets itself to basically have max a/c blowing the next time you turn it on. It's annoying, but doesn't bother me too much.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I have an sel w dual auto a/c. N I can lv it on auto n it does it's thing including lo hi blower if it feel it's necessarynor I can turn off tho auto ,ode n run it manually. I do havemto select vent location but it keeps the set

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hmm. I don't have my Focus yet, but in my other cars that have had zone memory they always start the AC at max when you get back in. It is trying to get your zone to your target tempature as fast as possible, then it will drop down to a lower setting to maintain that temp. Are you sure this isn't what is occurring? [dunno]

·
Registered
968 Posts
My old Eddie Bauer Explorer did that, it would lose the AC settings when you shut the car off. Turned out my car battery needed to be replaced.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
It is safe to leave your climate control set your desired setting, you do not need to turn it off when turning the car off. Also best to use it year round for those in winter climate zones.
And ditto on what scottjl wrote...when it is high outside temps, when you 1st start your vehicle your climate control will work at maximum to cool the cabin to your set temps, and when the set temps have been obtain,the climate control will resume normal fan speeds etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when it is high outside temps, when you 1st start your vehicle your climate control will work at maximum to cool the cabin to your set temps, and when the set temps have been obtain,the climate control will resume normal fan speeds etc.
I`ll let the car to do it today....the only thing I don`t like is the noise of the blower at the highest set....that`s annoying [rant]

·
Registered
113 Posts
I`ll let the car to do it today....the only thing I don`t like is the noise of the blower at the highest set....that`s annoying [rant]
That, and the hot air blowing in your face. I usually leave it shooting at the floor until it starts to cool down, then switch it back to auto.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have an sel w dual auto a/c. N I can lv it on auto n it does it's thing including lo hi blower if it feel it's necessarynor I can turn off tho auto ,ode n run it manually. I do havemto select vent location but it keeps the set
Nadhani unahitaji kurudi shule kujifunza jinsi ya uchawi na kutumia sarufi sahihi.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My Titanium is working perfectly.....everytime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts