Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my g/f has a 2000 Focus 4 door. I tried to re-charge the a/c last night. The pressure was low, so i added until it came into the green portion on the guage that came with the kit i bought. It still is blowing warm air! The compressor seemed to keep engaging/disengaging every 15 seconds, short cycling. Any ideas? Did the compressor take a poo? Hope not...

·
Registered
289 Posts
man we did the same exact thing and ours kept doin the same thing as well. so we took it to a local a/c shop and the dude told us not to run the a/c at all seein as we needed a whole new a/c system. the total to fix it he said was goin to be around $1900.

·
Registered
289 Posts
yeah thats what we have been doin unfortunatly(?) .

·
Registered
289 Posts
have you tried takin some where to have them look at it?

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
OK, my g/f has a 2000 Focus 4 door. I tried to re-charge the a/c last night. The pressure was low, so i added until it came into the green portion on the guage that came with the kit i bought. It still is blowing warm air! The compressor seemed to keep engaging/disengaging every 15 seconds, short cycling. Any ideas? Did the compressor take a poo? Hope not...

What type of recharge did you use? My mother-in-law's Focus was doing the same thing, so I went out and bought a $15 can of A/C booster and that seemed to help out the system.

You might wanna take a look at your A/C core in front of the radiator and make sure that you don't have a piece of trash stuck up against the face of it or test the polarity of your cooling fans to make sure that they're not blowing engine compartment heat the wrong way through the radiator into the core.

It's also possible that too many of the fins on the A/C core are damaged to support the system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had a friend look at it a few months ago, said the compressor was starting to go bad. We charged it up and it was find for 4 months. I tried charging it again last night, and it would not get cold at all.

·
Registered
289 Posts
my dads friend is a mechanic for ford and he said for us to get a new accumalator and orifce(?)b/c he thinks that is what it is. but we havent had the money to buy it yet.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
What it sounds to me is the compressor is going and the a/c shop was right, when the compressor goes bad, most times you have to replace the condenser and the evaporator. The system would need to be flushed to remove any trash in the lines and the filter would need to be replaced as well.

There are some cases that other components do not need replacing with the compressor, but mostly they do because of contamination. If you do the work yourself, you can save a lot of money.

If you have a friend in the business, get some advice from him or her.

·
Registered
289 Posts
so f'n150 have you found anything new out??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts