Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have an issue after my wife was insisting that the A/C wasn't blowing that much cold air anymore on our 2010 Focus. After purchasing a r134 refill can from the local auto parts store for about $40 I filled the A/C according to the specific instructions that came with it. Using the gauge on the hose I filled it and now the A/C is intermittent on a local drive on a warm california day yesterday. And I was wondering since it is blowing colder why is it intermittent off and on with Cold and Hot air???
I don't want to over fill as it states but what can I do to make it consistant to blow Cold air all the time?
It says that the 2010 Focus has a capacity of 18oz. which the can is but do I need to fill the system with the whole can????

Thanks,
KISSrocks!!!

·
Registered
17,308 Posts
And now you know why the refill cans are such a joke. You can only refill with pressure gauges and the one on can is junk.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If the compressor is cycling on & off too quickly, then it's likely that the system is low on pressure. Ambient temperature affects the cycle intervals but should not be less than 30 seconds and will be even much longer on a hot day.

·
Registered
17,308 Posts
If water has gotten into the system from the leakdown then adding refrigerant could easily make the water start freezing across the orifice to start/stop cooling. Another big reason not to 'go to the can'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts