Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Zetec

Last summer it worked fine. After summer I pulled the fuse out so that I could run the defrost on full without the AC running and making it drive like crap.

Now when I put the fuse back in the switch will either not light up at all or only light up on the low fan setting, if I turn the fan up the light goes out.
The strange thing is that with the fuse in and the ac appearing off the car hesitates a bit like the AC is running. The only way to make it drive normal again is to pull the fuse..

Any thoughts or advice on where to start?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Hmmm, that part about it running like the AC was on without the light was interesting. Have you put the AC on a higher fan speed than 1 and tried watching the compressor pulley to see if it was turning?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, that part about it running like the AC was on without the light was interesting. Have you put the AC on a higher fan speed than 1 and tried watching the compressor pulley to see if it was turning?

Not yet but am off tomorrow and will have time to check it out in more detail. Fuse and socket looked fine but will pick up a new fuse anyhow just in case..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts