Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a long road trip and during the road trip my panel fans quit working. It does not work on cool or heat. The defrost, floor, and combo modes all work just not the panel mode. They all blow cold air when I have it on AC. I have no idea how to fix this. Also it works on all speeds and does NOT make any funny noises or anything like that. When I have it on panel mode it just blows the air out the dash and floor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wiring seems to be alright because when I choose the front vents I can hear the fans turning back there and even increase and decrease in speed when I change it. It's like the vents aren't getting the air though. The fans are pushing it out of the floor instead of the front. Is there some kind of valve for each vent that could be blocked and causing it not to flow through the front vents?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Yes there is a door that directs the air to the selected location.
I'm assuming the newer Foci are all electronically controlled,

If that is the case the signals probably run to a Body Control Module and then to the HVAC unit. So something in the BCM could be the problem, which can be scanned with a quality scan tool to pinpoint the problem. But this is something you'll have to pay for, a free tool from a parts store won't cut it.

But just for the sake of saying you did, check fuses. Never know, one might be just for the vent control and be bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts