Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A/C Cutout during gear change

Hi,

I have a Ford Focus 2001 Zeetec 1.6L with automatic transmition.

When changing gears the A/C cuts out, it does not happen all the time, usually during breaking when the car shifts to lower gear by itself, this happens during normal operation, no hard accelerating or breaking.

The refrigirant level, fans all were checked and no problem was found. when the car is parking or cruising on a fixed speed (no gear changes) the A/C works fine.

I have connected a test led straight to the compressor, when the A/C cuts out the led switches off. I put an additional led to the module inside the dar (behind A/C on/off button) and it stays on when the A/C cuts out.

From the data I got the folowing error:

P1464 - A/C Demand Out Of Self-Test Range Indicates the ACCS input to the PCM was high during Self-Test. A/C was on during self-test
A/C Clutch PWR circuit short to power (applications with N/C WAC relay contacts)
ACCS circuit short to power
Damaged A/C demand switch
Damaged WAC relay (or CCRM)
Damaged PCM
If A/C or defrost were on during self-test, turn off and rerun test.

Please help!!!

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
ok.. first things first... let me see if i understand... you have checked the refridgant levels, its fine, fans are running fine.. have you checked any fuses? both in the car and under the hood? also, it might be the switch that turns the a/c on and off... if that isnt the problem, then it could have to do with elecrtical connections/grounding issues...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked the fuses and relays in the engine compartment and inside the car. I dont think its the a/c switch because the test led I conneceted to the line that goes to the car's computer stayed on while the compressor went off, it seems that for some reason the computer decides to switch off the compressor...

·
Registered
15 Posts
if there is still power going to the compressor to activate it and your compressor is not working, you just found your culprit... Does it come on afterwards and work normally? I think that it is a pretty simple fix cause you should be able to find them in any scrapyard but be careful if you are changing it yourself not to get blasted from the refrigerant (been there, done that!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts