Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bad A/C compressor bearing, so I'm still deciding whether to replace the whole compressor or just the bearing and clutch assembly. But either way I have a problem. One I have never replaced a clutch on a A/C compressor so I would have to look up how to do that. (Which I know I'm more than capable in replacing it, just learning how to do it.) The other way, replacing the whole compressor, I have been told if you replace the A/C compressor that I would have to replace the liquid tube as well, which isn't offered by Ford anymore. Is this true? Or could someone point me in the right direction to find out? I have always used factory parts on my car and I don't want any aftermarket BS from O'Reillys, Napa, Autozone, etc.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is it the orifice tube that you are talking about? I replaced that when I changed out my compressor in my car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not the orifice tube, the liquid tube is what the technician at Ford told me. But I will give that guy a call and see what he says and has to offer. Thanks man!

·
Registered
15,426 Posts
Same part. There is NO liquid tube. Goofy Ford techs that you trust so much.

if you are competent the parts store parts are pretty much as good as any Ford ever made except in a few circumstances. You should learn that the 'aftermarket' sells most parts used in new cars.

Clutch is super easy, entire compressor will be much more effort. And not needed at all if it cooled fine before the clutch bearing went unless you burned the bearing down to the ground to ruin compressor too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts