Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if someone out there could please help me. I have a 2000 ZX3, and my A/C isn't blowing cold anymore. I bought some R134A, and I was going to charge it, but I can't find the low side pressure fitting. I was told it's along the passenger side fender, and I can't/don't see it there. I see the low side line running from the accumulator, up between the fender and wheel well shroud, then it curves and goes around along the firewall. Could someone please help me find this confounded fitting? I also have a problem with my fuel pump. Most days it'll wrap to 6,000 rpm's, or or around 6,900 just fine. But the past few days it has been cutting out, stalling, or whatever between 4,200 or 4,300 up to 6,000. I'm lucky to get 60 out of 3rd gear. It really sucks not being able to take advantage of my 5 speed, and I don't know if it's the fuel pump, or not. It's said that they cut out on hard corners to the right which mine does sometimes, and around 1/4 tank which mine does sometimes as well. Now here's the question..... mine's beginning to do it around 1/2 a tank of gas, and between 4,200 to 4,300 on up. It wraps to a max of about 60mph in 3rd gear most of the time when it does this, and fuel consumption is worse than my big block in my 1/2 ton. I don't know if this is being caused by the fuel pump, or if it's actually being caused by the programming Ford did to try to keep the car from overheating by cutting a cylinder off to try to help things cool down due to the temp gauge running around half, or trying to jump onto the high side of normal. Could someone please help me with this. All inquiries and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the problem, I had my VIN ran, and it comes up with the coil spring shield, and fuel pump extended service warranty warnings. Now I'm trying to get Ford to quit BSing me and to actually do something about it. As far as the cutting out goes, I also found the coil pack bolts had worked lose, and that could have caused my cutting out due to losing ground, so I tightened it back down, and it still sputters badly. I don't know if it's because I'm around 1/4 tank, and that's where it usually starts cutting out, or what though? I'm confused, and any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again. And thanks for the help on the A/C fitting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts