Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SEL with MFT and dual zone climate. No matter which setting the vent is on (despite being on head only, defog only, or both) there is still some air that flows to my feet. When I activate the foot vent, the air flow gets stronger. It gets weaker when I deactivate the foot vent, the air flow weakens, but I can still feel it, as if the air were "leaking" through...

Is this normal? Does anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds like you vent door in not operating (opening and closing) correctly. Take it in under warranty.

·
Cars&Corgis
4,448 Posts
I have the same problem on my 06 SE, and had it as well on my old 02 Chevy Cavalier... I'm used to it now lol. Just set the temperature to the same temperature of the car and you dont even notice it. Or, do what jimmy said, take it in under warranty.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Look in the owners manual, it states that it is normal for some airflow to come out of the lower vents no matter the selection.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Look in the owners manual, it states that it is normal for some airflow to come out of the lower vents no matter the selection.
That darn owners manual again! Always telling us what we need to know about our cars, It's just so darn irritating![;)]

·
Registered
187 Posts
That darn owners manual again! Always telling us what we need to know about our cars, It's just so darn irritating![;)]
Don't you just hate a know it all?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts