Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up an 06 Focus with a possibly bad wheel bearing, 2 o2 sensors to change, flap controller needs changing too, low voltage fuel pump warning, replaced wind screen and 1 headlight, would you guys have picked it up and done the work yourself? I reckon it was a decent deal

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can’t tell exactly how decent without seeing it and the mileage but this sounds like great value for long lasting transportation. I don’t believe in spending a lot of money on cars but don't mind paying for occasional parts to keep them running well. Keep in mind that a used 06 Focus may need a little more repairs up front but the money you spend on the initial repairs is likely to be less than a couple months of average car payments.

·
Registered
66 Posts
For context, when looking for a Focus for my son last year, we passed on 05-07s that ranged $1,000-$1,350 because they were too accident-ridden or questionable transmission. Settled on an 05 ZX3 for $1,450 with 150k. No rust and body was straight - It was an "okay" deal between two unrelated parties. Spent more than I thought getting maintenance up to date but now love the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts