Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it hurt the engine like for exemple i put 91 and the car need 92 octane? does it really meke a difference with one point of octane?

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
The car requires 91 or better when stock. It will run fine on 91, unless you have aftermarket parts or tuning that require higher.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Mine says 91+

Some parts of the country don't offer 91, it just jumps from 89 to 93 depending on what the major gas stations are. I personally run 93 though.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the cost difference is only what? 10 cents a gallon?... that's $1.20 or so each time you fill up. Buy one less soda for each fill up, you will be healthier and so will your car.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Why not just run the same type of gas all the time? Easier on everything.

·
Registered
411 Posts
ok...This seems like a funny/stupid question. But then I remember some people have never been to California. In the good o'l CA we only get as good as 91. So yes 91 oct is recommended!!! If you can get higher albeit excluding 100 oct then more power to you. But as for using 91 it runs fantastic with it. I've used 89 before at its been fine. However if you want to use a lower grade you had better restrain yourself from doing to many hard excellerations or putting the pedal to the floor with the tranny in 6th or 5th when RPMS are low. Thats a sure way to induce pinging.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Running the stock ZEDO my car really runs better with the 93 I could get in the South. 91 was good at high altitude....all I can get in Washington is 92 and it's kind of so-so feeling

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.