Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a break from the nitrous focus and decided to finish up my coyote that is sitting collecting dust. I figured while its not a focus, you guys like le appreciate all fast stuff.

brief run down:

L&M epoxyed block
manley rods
custom diamond pistons. 11.5:1 compresson
stainless rings
JPC ported heads
custom cams
boss 302 intake
F1C procharger on 20#
supporting fuel mods
full BMR suspension
TH400 auto with trans brake.
and of course.....E85!!! you guys know me by now... ;)

so far running 11.5:1 compression. 20# and 17 degrees timing. zero knock what so ever. been creeping up on it..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First pass in the car

second pass: 20 degrees timing on the trans brake to get it to leave harder and tapering down to 17 up top...

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
The GM trans kills it for me.
I know times would suffer but I'd of gone with an O/D trans, 700 or 200. But you're talking close to $5K for one, deep pockets.
I like cars that can be driven on the road comfortably and at reasonable RPM.

What's out back, 3.55's?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
3.73s.... cruises 70 mph at 3200... not terrible at all. I went with that cause they're [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ing bullet proof. ..

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
3,200 isn't too bad I guess.

How much gear do you have left when you cross? any?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the 145 pass I went through the beam the second my shift light went off at 7000. Currently 7% slip from converter. Motor is good for 7800 so not terribly worried. This motor trapped 150 when I had the manual in it but that was on 22 deg timing. I'm at 17 now. Slowly creeping on it

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
nice

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Car is awesome! Love the th400 w/trans brake as well. People always go back and forth between 4l80e's and th400's but like others have said modern day transmissions that hold up to that amount of power are $$$. Keep going, soon to be nocking on that 8.99

·
Registered
652 Posts
FTI trans huh? I have a built E4OD in my Lightning with an FTI 3000 stall converter. I love it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FTI trans huh? I have a built E4OD in my Lightning with an FTI 3000 stall converter. I love it.

Yes...Greg is my man!!!

Best damn converters I've ever used..and I used them all!!!

Update on car:

went out again and upped timing some more. Managed a 9.50 (spun a bit) BUT trapped 149!!!

Now thanks to a sponsorship from procharger, I'm
Pulling the f1c off and just bolted up a f1x... first coyote in the country with a f1x on it!!!!

Also switching to a air to water intercooler.

Going from 18 psi to about 28.....shit should get interesting now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Is that going to fit under the hood? Lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is that going to fit under the hood? Lol

yes actually it does.... barely....

it rubs on the under hood matting but thats it lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FINALLY an update on this beast!!!! progress has been slow but picking up speed. so excited about this...

first item up: 100% custom air to water intercooler. my air to air was not cutting it si went to air to water. I didn't want to cut up the inside of the car and no one makes a air to water that fits behind the bumper that can flow enough air. sooooooo take TWO 1000 hp air to waters and weld together...problem solved...lol

had to cut the tanks off and make my own

then moving on I was very concerned about the single key way being snapped off from the giant blower so decided to make my own tool and pin the crank....

air to water mounted

then started fabbing all the piping. I managed to make the entire cold side out of just two pieces of 3.5 inch piping.... :) simplies things...

all I have left is tie up some loose ends. mount the ice water tank in the trunk and mount the trans coolers....

supposed to be 50 degrees thurs so trying like hell to get the thing out there :)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Extreme or don't bother

Your motto.

Another one to follow!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Extreme or don't bother

Your motto.

Another one to follow!

lol true story.... !!![headbang]

its just never enough....its a sickness

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Fwd:Watch "Kesatie Motorsports F1X coyote first startup" on YouTube
Kesatie Motorsports F1X coyote first startup: http://youtu.be/6eDLypIc2Oo

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well after getting this running we discovered rather quickly that we were out of fuel.... soooooo out with the old and in with the new... the fuel system was due for a make over anyway.

swapped in 3 (yes THREE) walbro 465 pumps thanks to fore innovations for there amazing fuel hat. it drives around on one pump and the other two kick on at 3 psi... :)

so we have almost 1400 lph of pump...lol

and yanked out the ID1300 injectors and swapped in a set of fuel injector connection 1650 cc injectors.

so....got it back on the dyno but the car was breaking up under boost. after messing with plug gaps for a while I decided to swap in another set and holy cow things started getting fun...lol

I called it a night at 15 degrees of timing and .74 lambda. this thing was picking up 20+ wheel with each degree so once I lean on the tune some I should eclipse the 1000 wheel mark. keep in mind this is through a TH400. so how it sit right now it would be making 1200+ wheel with a manual. :)

SO running late we headed to the track and unfortunately i only got one pass before they closed. water in the tank was like bath water by the time i got there as no heat exchanger but we are planning on icing it anyway. well we had no time to ice it and i was only going to leave easy and shut it down at the 1/8th to get some data.

SO:

leaving like a bitch (1.7 60' lol) I clicked 2nd, clicked 3rd and shut it down at the 1/8th mile strip and coasted my way to a 10.1 lol

my best pass on the f1c was 114mph in the 1/8th. thurs night leaving soft it went almost 120 mph in the EIGHTH just goofing around!!!... looking promising. next track night is a week from tomorrow so i'll let you know

on closing.... got to love 11:1 compression and 24 psi on $1.60 a gal fuel....rofl.... e85 ftw :)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Rough to go so Slow....

You're up with the Street Racer characters who get TV time now. (Okies on Discovery)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts