Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran @ Mobile Dragway last night with the 50shot. The first run I launched with the bottle smoked the tires bad 2.41-60' and 9.58 @ 70.33. The second run was a little better I feathered the clutch @ 4500 and hit the juice at about 5500 in first. 2.35-60' and [email protected] The second run I lined up against a Cavalier with 14" hub caps. He got me on the line .3199 reaction to my .3610. We ran dead even the entire track. I actually had the low et 9.23 to his 9.26, but the .05 second difference on the line made the race. He beat me by .018 seconds. Now that is racing. I tracked him down afterwards to see what he had under the hood and he swears its just a fifty shot on a stock motor. I have the SS autochrome header (rewelded so it would actually go on the car), magna flow catback, MAC short ram, enslinger UDP, and had ran 35/22 pills in the Nitrous Express kit on a throttle switch. I also have the rear seat and interior removed. I am planning on building the focus into a mid 7 8th mile car, but after running him I was having doubts about the chassis. Before I left one of mister Chevy's friends told me put in his 100 shot pills to run me. I felt better about the run then. Anyone on hear running sub 8 second 8th mile times? I would love to pick your brain about suspension and tire combos.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
What Cavalier, the old 2.4L Z-24? If it was a standard cav he had more than that.

I know we have guys in the range you are looking for, I will wait for them to chime in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Your 8th trap seems pretty low for having a 50 shot.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
my 1/8th is a 8.841, but thats on stock suspension, drag radials set at 25psi, and a 75shot vs. your 50.

I pull a 2.009 in the 60'
and 1/4 mile et is listed in my sig... actually you can see all those numbers if you click on the link in my sig... timeslip is hidden in there.

The track I run only treats the first 80 or so feet, the rest is kinda crappy, so traction becomes an issue once you shift to 2nd

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1st --I think the cavilier is an 04 or 05, he said Walmart scarred the factory alloys and he put 14" steel rims with hub caps on there temporarily. He did have BFG Drag Radials on the front though. My wife's birthday is this friday, but the next I will have drag radials and some spring locks. I bought some colder plugs and 104 Octane this morning. I'm thinking 75 shot mabye just to clinch things.

2nd--Mobile tends to trap a little slow. The trap lights are not set standard. It is my understanding that usually there is a light before the finish and after the finish. The timing system then calcualted your speed from the time difference between the lights. At Mobile the last trap light is right on the finish line. I have been told this makes Mobile 10' shorter than a normal track. I used to run a 95" WideGlide with a 100 shot. I ran several 6.8x at Mobile but the best times I had at Atmore Dragway were 6.9x. All of the 6.9x Atmore times were on one night when it was 70 deg. During the summer months I ususally ran 7.0x. I never noticed a decrease in trap speed but on the bike I ran the same pulley for track and street. When I used all three stages (20/40/40) I hit top speed of 92 or 93 thirty to forty feet short of the finish. I was co-owner of a bike shop and we built the bike for burnout contest, it put on quite a show on an 8th mile track as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts