Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got to test out the difference between the FRPP suspension with the stock suspension and a better mounted rear swaybar.
Suspension Mods
- FRPP shocks and springs
- 22mm front swaybar
- 25mm rear swaybar
- FSWerks front strut tower brace
- Dominant rear camber arms
- Polyurethane bushings for the front and rear sway bar and rear endlinks

The body still rolls a lot but not as much as before
BEFORE-

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
O.M.G that factory body roll is RIDICULOUS!!!

Pictures are epic tho!!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Thats badass.

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
yeah i honestly haven't noticed a whole lot of difference in ride from stock to FRPP shocks and springs. but i also don't have a lot of the other suspension stuff you do.

awesome pictures!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Wow I need suspension. Its that simple.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O.M.G that factory body roll is RIDICULOUS!!!

Pictures are epic tho!!!
it didn't feel that way in the car, I saw the pictures afterwards and was like o_O

Thats badass.
[:)]

yeah i honestly haven't noticed a whole lot of difference in ride from stock to FRPP shocks and springs. but i also don't have a lot of the other suspension stuff you do.

awesome pictures!
I noticed my ride is stiffer and I feel the bumps more; hoping this gets a bit gentler in the city since I only have 2-3k on them I rub in the front with 215/45/17 Motegi MR116s that have +40 offset a bit under certain conditions but oh well, hoping fender rolling a bit will help me

wow really cool pics!!!

is there a better suspension setup than the FRPP one?
Of course! But you can't beat $300 shipped to your house for 4 shocks and springs. I believe this setup drops you the least; I was looking for this specifically as Boston roads are not too friendly around here for lowered cars.

Wow I need suspension. Its that simple.
order a set first thing in the morning [hihi]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I dont have money, and the new GTI is priority for now haha

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
save up the pennies!

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know, I have the FRPP kit. I thought Steeda only makes springs? You would have to get some struts that can handle the lowered stance so they don't go bad quickly. I read the Konis are good for that

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
We all know the answer to that but thats what makes every car and person different

·
factory but custom
1,717 Posts
That's for looks, can't do heavy turns with it slammed like this...plus you'd rub, but it still looks sick...I'm all about slamege

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no slammage... it'll be ruweened!

·
So mote be it
8,958 Posts
wow really cool pics!!!

is there a better suspension setup than the FRPP one?
is the steeda suspension the best one to get?
Go here and read all the stickies (all the links at the top of the page) If you find something that looks good to you or something you want to know more about, search that forum for those. If you still have suspension questions; start a new thread and you will get some good feedback/answers

To the OP, looks much better! Probably about the most you can do with the FRPP. Good to see some action pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts