Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a little background on the car. It was originally my uncle's car on my mom's side. When he bought it, it was a red V6.. well, he swapped in a V8 and painted it black. He was a contractor working over in the middle east building military bases. His last assignment was Camp Bondsteel in Kosovo. He was over for years at a time.. and the night before he was to come home for good (and surprise the family) he passed away.

Well my mom inherited his car, and I've been wanting to do a photoshoot with it for years. Well, since I got into car photog anyway, lol. Today I finally got a chance to do so..

Enjoy. [^]

Oh, and the 2 dents between the headlights are from my uncle's ass cheeks lol.. he sat on it once and dented it. Which is why my mom has never had them fixed. [hihi]

DSCN4592 by Ryan Hainstock, on Flickr

DSCN4532 by Ryan Hainstock, on Flickr

DSCN4534 by Ryan Hainstock, on Flickr

DSCN4544 by Ryan Hainstock, on Flickr

DSCN4558 by Ryan Hainstock, on Flickr

DSCN4563 by Ryan Hainstock, on Flickr

DSCN4571 by Ryan Hainstock, on Flickr

DSCN4549 by Ryan Hainstock, on Flickr

DSCN4547 by Ryan Hainstock, on Flickr

A couple years back my mom had a guy down at the Trans Am Natl's etch the t-tops..

DSCN4581 by Ryan Hainstock, on Flickr

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank ya, sir. [thumb] Technically it's my mom's.. but I'd love to get it one day and fully restore it.. as well as get rid of the automatic trans. Lol. Only because I know my uncle had some serious plans for it when he got home. Just never got the chance to fulfill them.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks man. And yesss. I love this car.

I love taking it out on the backroads through the country with the t-tops off, blastin' some 80's rock. Lol. Really makes me jealous I wasn't born in the 70's. [V]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
That is awesome, btw your mom seems really cool, haha.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
its good to see one of these so well loved. seems like most are ratty as hell by now

·
Registered
449 Posts
Such a nice lookin' car. Hopefully you can get it fully restored one day!

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Lovin it man! Have some good memories of these cars! [woot]

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
The cars were about the only good thing I remember about growing up in the 80's. Otherwise all i remember is leg warmers, pastel everything and the Challenger disaster, lol.

That's one clean almost thirty year old Firebird, looks like it has(and will continue to have) a good life, surrounded by people who care about it.[thumb]

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its good to see one of these so well loved. seems like most are ratty as hell by now
Oh, I know. There's a few Trans Ams in town and they're just beat to piss. Rusted out and abused. It's so sad to see.. [V]

Such a nice lookin' car. Hopefully you can get it fully restored one day!
Thanks! Me too. I'd love to get her to where she deserves to be.

Lovin it man! Have some good memories of these cars! [woot]
Oh, I bet lol.. I know I would if these were the norm when I was 16.

The cars were about the only good thing I remember about growing up in the 80's. Otherwise all i remember is leg warmers, pastel everything and the Challenger disaster, lol.

That's one clean almost thirty year old Firebird, looks like it has(and will continue to have) a good life, surrounded by people who care about it.[thumb]
Lol, thanks. Yeah this one gets less than 100 miles a year put on on average. Some years my mom takes it up where she's from (about 100+ miles away) and that's the only time it ever sees more than that.

It only has about 74k on the clock. Less on the engine since it was swapped.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts