Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
84 Camaro and MY Focus

I work with a guy that has a 84 Camero and a Nova. The Nova is very done up probably sitting around 400hp or more. And the Camero is pretty much stock with maybe some exhaust work. I believe it may be sitting about 200hp or 210hp. anyway the guy wants to race after work so full well Knowing he will blow my doors off I say sure why not jsut to see if the Focus can stay with him until 3rd gear. Well we out after work which is 2:45am and I blow his doors off hard...........................................yeah right! We found a nice road with lights and did it. So I did stay with him until I was at the end of 2nd and by the time I got into 3rd he was pulling hard and then he was so gone. I think he is full of shat that thing must have more than he tells me. BTW if you see my doors can you let me know I still cant find them I guess i could be happy that I had a good launch and was side by side until the cameros engine thought ok thats enough see ya. lol

Another guy with a dakota 5.9L or something like that was following us and raced the Camero after me. The camero worked him hard jsut not as hard as me.

After warranty and the NOS goes on I'll try him again. But thats not for 2 years at least.

until then i'll keep the bolt ons coming.

·
Registered
341 Posts
the 'NOS' or the nitrous?

-Ult

ps-pssst, its 'camaro' ;)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
does the Camaro have a 350 or a 305?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
u'll own it man those things are pigs. My friend has a 85 white Firebird with a 305 it is maybe the slowest thing i've ever drivin well not slower then an El Comeno with a 305 lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No he owned me hard I think he has shit done to it. He has other cars done up so this one must be done. He claims a fast launch but I was even with him till I hit 3rd then he just left me fast. One day I will get him but it will cost me lots of coin.

·
Registered
42 Posts
so you're saying you kept up with the camaro better than the 5.9 dakota did? if that's true then your car is fast as hell for a focus and the camaro is even faster for a 20 year old car. those dakota's run mid-high 14s easily. so maybe the dakota wasn't racing. if the camaro's still in good shape though that sounds about right that he'd start pulling on you when you hit third.

·
Registered
27 Posts
no no re read the last part hes sayin the camero beat the 5.9 but no as bad as it beat him....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I asked the guys at work and the dakota wasn't ready and the camaro had the jump. But the camaro still would have won by a little is what they are telling me. Dont know for sure. And yes my car seems to be lacking in 3rd gear... I can go with anyone so far and when I hit third they pull on me. Anyone know what I should do next to the Focus to find the power in 3rd? I have had some good runs with cars and 3rd felt good but for the most 3rd lacks. I need help with that one. I have intake, udp, 65mmTB, catback. I'm planning for header and flexpipe in the spring. BTW I have won a good number of races. None at the track it's all street shit. We dont have a track in this city the closest one is 2 1/2 hours away. thats where the guys form work go with their camaro's and Nova's and muscle cars.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
hmmm lucifer, those old camaros arent fast at all. ive beaten an old iroc z with just intake, tb, and udp. his car wasnt the cleanest iroc ever but we raced a good 3 times and i won buy a car length and a half - two car lengths everytime.... 15 yrs can do some damage on an engine and make it lose power, either way, sounds like his was modded if he is beatin that dakota.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I have to correct myself the Dakota is only a 4.7L. Sorry for making you think its a 5.9L. Oh well shit happens.lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.