Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you wire eight 4-ohm SVC subs to 1-ohm mono amp? If so, know where a diagram is? Pictures are just easier to visualize.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
No. You will blow your amp for sure. You are gonna be asking way to much from your amp and it will blow or go into protect mode everytime.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely not doubting you. I just would like an explanation so I can understand it. I'm here to learn what I can.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
A sub, lets say it is 300 RMS, that means it is gonna try to achieve the full 300 watts. And if your amp can't give out enough power for all 8 of your subs then the amp is gonna start trying to draw more power from your battery...which will cause it to fry or go into protect. Its hard to explain but it won't work.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I believe you could get either a 2 ohm load or .5 ohm load with 8 subs....if they were 4 ohm DVC subs though a 1 ohm load would be possible...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
oh and for the record too it does not matter how many subs you hook up to the amp....as long as you wire them properly and get the correct ohm load at the end then you are good...gotta make sure though the amp has enough rms power to provide enough power to match the specs of the sub

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the 8 twelves wired at 1-ohm it will match my amp perfectly. I just didn't know if it was possible. My amp has enough power for my plans. I am actually trying to do it as a joke. Just a huge box in the back seat. Is it possible to wire it at the .5-ohm and a resistor to bring it to the 1-ohm?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
are you able to get the woofers in single 8 ohm coils? that would work out to one ohm as well....idk if the resistor idea would work honestly

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright. The subs I was looking at are not available in 8 ohm that I have seen. I will just continue looking. Thanks for the help though. 8 ohm SVC or 4 ohm DVC. Any other options as far as getting them down to 1-ohm? Keeping 8 subs in mind...

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Why not run 2 amps with 4 subs on each at 1ohm.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
well the OP is doing this for a joke so im sure he is trying to prove a point to someone

·
Registered
548 Posts
It can be done if you run a 2ch amp in bridge mode.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I already have the amp. I am not looking to go out and buy a whole new setup. Just replace my two powerful 10's with 8 weak 12's. Through my connections I can get the subs new for $15 a piece. It was going to be a saturday time killer and a waste of money. Still looking into exactly what I want to run. When I get around to it I will post up pics and info of the build. Thanks all for help and input.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Dude make up your mind, you asked can it be done, then you said it was a joke, now your saying its something your building or have or something, sheesh

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dude make up your mind, you asked can it be done, then you said it was a joke, now your saying its something your building or have or something, sheesh

Read everything then talk. I am building the system as a joke. This thread is not a joke. I have the amp and wondering what subs to get. Way to make yourself look like an a**. Thank you so much for your educated input.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts