Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to shoot down the 10 sec focus in the other thread (sweet foci by the way, wish mine was that fast), just representing for my dad's buddy since he's signed up on here but hardly ever posts. This is Joe Morgan's 8 sec 2000 focus wagon. He still has all the interior pieces except the rear seat. The radio still works along with the alarm system as well. Last time i talked to him he said he was only pushing a lil above 800hp at somewhere between 24-28psi, but he has had his engine dynoed and it put down 1100hp+ at 44-46psi, he just said he couldn't get his trans to hold up to the power. But anyways.....here's some pics and vids.

Esslinger 2.3L turbo with just about everything done to it. And yes, last time he was here in atlanta we gave him a coolant reservoir cover to make it look better lol.

Nitrous is only sprayed to spool the turbo up faster at the starting line. It's not used down the track.

I tried to ride with him down the track while he was here but i didn't have a racing suite and helmet.

8.3 sec run

8.6 sec run

Comments and questions are welcome.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Great now I gotta go change just messed up my shorts. That was hott.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mofocus said:
thats the guy that stole my name [hihi]
Well one thing i found funny was that one of my buddy's out here races a mustang in the NMRA and his name is Joe Morgan. I guess it's a popular name lol.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
I've always wondered if Mr. Morgan was a member here. It's about time someone put up a vid of that wagon in action!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
that thing is insane!!!! not ur typical grocery getter..lol

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya i've been meaning to. Just was never able to find a video of it until he told me about his site.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'd love to pull up to a stoplight in that car next to some jackoff in a supra...

·
Registered
572 Posts
how does that motor take that much boost?

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bobby_d said:
how does that motor take that much boost?
It's not a regular 2.3L block. It's a complete Esslinger 2.3L motor. I don't know what all is done to it, i'd have to ask Joe. If i remember correctly, there was also one of these motor's that was put on a drag car for the 4-cylinder drag car NOPI class. I saw it last year at NOPI and the guy said it was pushing 1400hp+ with 40psi+.

·
Registered
842 Posts
and that motor would cost?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
damn[8] [:0] [:0] [:0] [8] [8] that is so freakin sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeTTTTTTTT

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
that's a sweet ride.......

·
Registered
219 Posts
This wouldn't happen to be "Turbo" Joe Morgan's car would it??

I know he used to have a pinto.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
^^ Same guy.

Joe is the man, sweet car.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bryanjw82 said:
and that motor would cost?
The guy at NOPI told my buddy he could have the motor as it sits for $15,000.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FocusManTroy said:
This wouldn't happen to be "Turbo" Joe Morgan's car would it??

I know he used to have a pinto.
Ya, like Frush said, it's the same guy. He had a turbo ranger before he had the pinto as well. The pinto used to run 10's in the 1/4 on nitrous.

·
Registered
759 Posts
guess I can't mock wagons anymore...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts