Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After last weekends fiasco with the juice (2.50 60' and 9.53 @ 71.99) I finally got some blocks for the rear coils. I ran 44 psi in the rear and 30psi in the front on 215/40R17, 400 treadwear Prodigy Sport 7000 tires ($52 Yokohama rejects from Wheel Max). With JMSChip's Max power tune I ran a 2.26-60' and 9.57 @ 66.19. With the silly gas tune and a 75 shot I ran a 2.14-60' with a 8.7201 @ 74.72. (If anyone happen to see me at Mobile dragway tonight I was not a sleep at the tree for my nitrous run, I realized I hadn't turned on the switch when the first light came on. More practice needed on prep.) I think I'm at the limit of my daily tires though. I had to pedal second twice to hook up. I'm hoping drag radials will put me under 8.50. Anyone have an opinion on 205/50-15 vs 225/50-15?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
I dunno about the tires or whatever but what mods do you have besides the NOS???

Those are some sickass times [:D]

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
30lbs is far too much for drag racing up front. Street radials need to be somewhere around 20 or just north of that. Try that before dropping cash on drag radials.

15" wheels will help your time though (less weight/rotational mass)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as mods, I have SS Autochrome 4-1 which has been re-welded, magnaflow w/ homemade resonator (31" cherrybomb), MAC SRI, Esslinger UDP, hand ported cylinder head, hand ported trottle body, SVT suspension, Brembo cross drilled rotors, and the rear interior has been removed. I run coil-locks in the rear springs and pre-load the suspension using the e-brake.

I tried running lower pressure in the tires, but below 30 the center of the tires doesn't stay in contact with the road and my times drop off. I have a whole stack of mid to low 9sec time slips with less than 30psi in the tires. My previous best time of 9.23 was actually run w/ 44 psi in the tires. I literally decided one more run before I leave and pulled into the staging lane from w/o removing my spare, toolbox, air tank, etc to see what it would do in street trim w/ a 50shot. To my surprise I had the best run of the night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts