Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little button on the seat belt that stops the buckle part from ending up falling below the seat fell off of my Focus and got lost sometime this year. I got very tired of having to reach UNDER the seat to get the buckle out.

I'm almost out of warranty and that's the only thing wrong with the car. Finally got a free weekend, so I stopped by the ford dealer to get it replaced.

Ford considers it a trim piece, and, since it is a trim piece its considered normal wear and tear and not warrantied.

The dealer said that they could order me a new "one" for $72. I asked if it was the seatbelt, and - no - it does not include a seatbelt. For $72, you get three seatbelt buttons for all of the interior colors available, the dealer installs the correct one and throws the other two away.

One of these little guys costs $72 (See picture). No seatbelt included.

I went to the junkyard and popped one off of a junkyard car. They didn't even charge me for it!

I keep mentioning it because I can't imagine how a little piece of plastic costs that much!

Anyway, got the junkyard one on pretty easily. Found the spot on the seatbelt where the old one was, stuck a pen through it, then pushed the pin in and finally used some plastic cement to glue it in.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was expecting it to be covered under warranty. Otherwise I would have gone to the junkyard or advance.

However, since it came out of another Ford, it looks just like the passenger side!

·
Cars&Corgis
4,448 Posts
[rofl] I imagine they don't sell too many of those tabs lolol. That's ridiculous!!! You should have asked them that if, at that price, it at least came with any headlight fluid or gasket lubricant!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts