Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this fit with my Volant?

p.s. I don't want people telling to search or anything just tell me the answer and lock the thread if u must.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
dont have one but as far as i know it does, if it takes the stock MAF then it should be upgradable

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
the box will need to be shaved for the 70mm to fit. ps, when will you be looking to purchase one?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
both volant and iceman can...so..um yea, ice-man uses the stock box and that can be shaved too. dunno how it wouldn't fit...all it is, is taking 5 minutes with a dremel and making the hole larger. done it myself and seen it done on a ton of foci.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Kickn's got it covered.....stock w/iceman and volant modify to fit.

From FC's site:
This kit features a polyurethane coated composite air box, which houses a free flowing cone filter. The air box is designed to be used with our ram air hood but can be used with out. Can be used with stock or aftermarket mass air flow sensors and has a larger diameter air snorkel included.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ahh whatwould we do w/o our dremels....

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
RedHotZX3 said:
[8] ???[8]
[???:)]

w/o dremels you couldnt shave the boxes so easily to fit the 70mm, you couldnt port the 2000 mani, port the stock tb, shave the lip around the crank pully to fit the UDP on, and do oh so much more, well you could but damn it would be a pain........

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm so sorry guys lol i forgot i made this post. So ya just dremel away the Volant box for the 70mm MAF? thanks guys and mo u are right Dremels work wonders.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm not even looking to buying one i was just curious. Well thats not true i havn't researched MAFs at all. What kinda gains am i looking at from a 70mm MAF? 2? 3hp? annd addition to throttle response?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
gains would be minimal, you still have a lot of other mods in the 300 buck range that u will get more power from.... a maf like that is really for when u buy injectors and what have u

1 - 17 of 17 Posts