Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to get a 70mm MAF from pro flow, should I wait until I get most of the modding done since it has to be tailored to your set-up? I was thinking of getting it later on. My wife said it might be a good mod since I kinda explained the more air = more HP addage.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
doesnt need to be tailored to anything besides the injectors, and seeing how you dont wanna build your atx i wouldnt worry about it. your atx will give out before ur injectors will. just make sure its calibrated for the 19lb injectors and ur good to go.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I will have to build the ATX, it will just take a while till I get to that point. I can use the Pro-Flow with the Iceman intake tubes too right? It usually just installs like the Cool Flo from FS.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
well if u are planning on building ur atx u might want to get a whole MIC set up. if the maf isnt calibrated to the right injectors it will run like ass.

the proflow should fit right in with the iceman, u will need to do a lil cutting on the stock box if im not mistaken

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly is the MIC set-up? I am drawing a blank on this acronym. I am thinking of doing away with the stock airbox and getting the proflow with the cone filter. I figure that by that time, I won't care too much about the noise.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The term MIC stands for Mass air-Injectors-chip. You have a diablo chip already. Your mods don't require improved injectors.

Just get the MAF, when you decide to get more and powerful mods you can always have it recalibrated to fit whatever injectors you choose to use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts