Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 70 miles out of a half a tank of gas, boooo thats terrible. I'm guessing it's because i have an ORP and no second o2 sensor??? Or is this a sign my front one is bad too [bigcry]? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Wow that really sucks man.... I dunno what could cause it to go that low. Are you letting it warm up for quite some time before driving? Thats been making my mileage go down, but not THAT much...

·
Registered
159 Posts
thats like 12mpg...my 76 grand prix with a 455 gets better mileage (not by much). I would say thats pretty bad.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Well it's been cold as hell lately, I'd imagine you let the car sit and warm up for a bit, obviously it takes longer for the car to reach operating temps in cold weather that in turn uses more fuel (short little trips furthers that problem), did I mention it's cold.

Few things you can do to help are plug the car in at night, hope you have a block heater. That reduces the time it takes the car to reach operating temp saving fuel. Will also put less strain on the starter being the oil will also be just a smidgen warmer, minute radiant heat.
Put something in front of the radiator to block the cold. I just have a chunk of cardboard in front of mine zip-tied in place. Leave about the bottom 2 rows of the radiator uncovered though or poke a few random holes in the covering. It does need some flow still.
Keep a close eye on tire pressure. Air contracts in the cold and tires will sometimes go flat simply from the rim shrinking a bit.

Could be other factors but the cold is playing a big part right now.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
when is the last time you replaced your fuel filter? my mpg's just went down and then the car started to get sluggish and then misfires happened. i had a bad coil. you should at least be getting 50 gallons per quarter tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts