Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sri and diablo about to get an exhaust and i want to get a tb too...i dont plan on going to fi just want to see what you guys think is better choice to get

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have the 67mm from C-F-M and I like, but I do not know if its better or worst... but I felt a better throttle response.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh i searchd it nd i cant find too much about them let alone which one is better to run on a non fi car

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the 67mm. And it is a pretty good improvement in throttle response, but it is also something you will have to get used to and I have heard of some people that didn't like it. In terms of power you will not get any noticeable improvement. 67mm or 65mm wont make any difference. In my opinion this was one of the worst mods I did to my car not because I don't like how it drives, just because for $250 u can get better mods. On your question which would be better to get, I would say if they are the same price I would go with the 67mm, cant hurt. But if you can get the 65mm for just 5 bucks cheaper I'd go with that since there wont be any difference in performance.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I would say, get one. I have a 65mm and noticed a very big difference in response. You have to get used to it but I only spent $90 for mine. I would probably never pay $250 for one new.

But to your question I doubt there is any difference in a 65mm or a 67mm. Maybe there is but you will probably never notice.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I Like the TB, but there is no noticeable difference between the 65 or 67. GO with whichever one is cheaper. You can get them used anywhere between 100-175 bucks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theres a guy on here has one for sale for 190$ is that worth it?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
theres a guy on here has one for sale for 190$ is that worth it?
IMO no. for me to get one it has to drop below $100

The gains are not worth more.

You can actual port your stock one and get close to the same effect.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for you help guys

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
The 65mm is an older design, that's all. Focus Central used to make them. When FC went under, CFM bought up a lot of their stock and resold them under their name. CFM eventually began making their own improved design: the 67mm. It addressed a number of driveability issues the old FC units had; and while the opening is 2mm larger, the naming is largely just to differentiate between the two designs.

Also, there is a definite improvement with a 67mm in throttle response. The SVT has pretty bad response in stock form; I can press the gas and let go of it before the revs even start to go up. With the 67mm the response is so much better. And YES, this will require you to re-learn your driving habits with the car. It is a lot different if you're used to driving around with stock throttle response, and like opyaFSVT said, I wasn't sure I liked it at first. Within a couple days though, I just loved it... the car went when I wanted it to.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
i like my CFM 67mm TB. a somewhat of a very little quick response, can feel the small gain after 5k rpm to redline. and i like the whirlin/whistlin noise it has to it. kinda like a supercharger but it not one!

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I've been running the 67mm TB for two years, there's no problem with it. [dunno]

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
not all svt will respond the same way to performance mods. Some will notice some gains and some will not..

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
The 67mm throttlebody does not give you any power gains; it improves the throttle response. It will do it on every SVT Focus.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I have 65mm and it defiantly made the car respond better. I bought mine used and I do love it, but I would never have droped $250 for one. I see people selling them for $80-$100 all the time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree with CaysE. I think you posted in my last thread about the CFM 67mm TB. I have had it on not even a week, and the throttle response is noticeable. Not really worth $250, but whenever I punch it, the car goes. Get ready to learn how to redrive the car though. Very different feel.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i already portd the stock one, at 1st i wasnt gonna go to fi but my clutch my be starting to go and if i have to go through the trouble of doing that i may just go to a turbo with a clutch so idk what im gonna do

1 - 20 of 21 Posts