Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you buy the spring for the 65mm TB. My TB spring seem to be very stiff where other cars I have driven with the TBs in them seem alot easier to depress the gas pedal.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Sorry, We do not sell the throttle body spring by itself. I would recommend checking to see if the throttle cable is binding. We never had a complaint about the throttle body cable being too stiff.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the cable and it moved freely, myself and 03OrangeSVT both say it feels unusual.....

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
FWIW... I checked the throttle cable, cruise cable both moved freely. I'm pretty sure he has a "freak" of a spring... its about twice as stiff as the others I seen/ messed with.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After playing with the TB for the last week or so, it seems that the spring is still stiff however it also seems to get tough to initially depress the pedal and once that initial movement is made it moves much more freely but still the spring is stiff. What I then do is shoot a little liquid lubricant, i.e., WD-40 or whatever else I have on the TB and that takes care of that initial resistance. That only last for a short time and I have to do it again. I am wondering if the TB internal parts are worn....How much of a pain are those to take apart?

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
I do not recommend taking the throttle body apart. We use red lock tie on the two throttle body blade bolts. They are hard to take off. If done incorrectly, someone can end up stripping the bolts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts