Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thanks to Ashley (ZX3_Chick) i finally got a 65mm T/B. so i decided tonight that i'd put it on. didn't take me all that long (about 35 mins with a test drive) to install after i figured out how the cables all came off. over all, i'd say that the butt dyno really like the "off the line" response and it took away a lot of that lag feel that the ATX has. I'm sure that it didn't net me any real gains, but I'd say it was well worth it for someone looking to get a little more jump off the line. [thumb]

·
Registered
137 Posts
Glad to hear it was a good experience. I've heard a lot of people that didn't like the touchy feel of the pedal. I love mine- but no one else seems to be able to drive it[:D]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah I really loved the FC 65mm TB that I had, made a big 'felt' difference especially the pedal feeling..... I miss it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The 65mm t/b really puts a big, dumb grin on your face!

Tony D

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i love how the peddle feel is now. it's like a whole different car.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
The 65mm really does beef up the jump on the ATX focus. I had a Mustang GT guy ride in my car before and after and the look on his face was priceless when I stomped it from a stop.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am installing my MBRP exhaust this week and next up is either the 65mm TB or an SCT xcal 2 tune. I was just wondering which I should do first, I assume the throttle body? My car is an ATX and I really hope it helps with that sluggish feel of the pedal on take off.

Scott

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Oh, it"ll help, and it gets better when you add an exhaust!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Glad to hear that you like it, Josh. I'm glad that it's got a new home instead of laying around my house collecting dust!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts