Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when coming to a stop... cars in neutral.... just whenever i roll up to a stop it idles at 3K anyway can anyone help

Smitty

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Here are a few things to look at.

1. Check to make sure the TPS is facing forward, not backward.

2. Check to make sure that the screw isn't screwed in pushing the butterfly valve open.

3. Place a LITTLE bit of grease around each side of the post where the butterfly valve goes through the body of the TB (inside and outside) and move back and forth a bunch of times. Wipe any excess grease off before turning your car on so you don't suck that into the engine.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
sounds like TPS may be backwards or going out...when mine went out it gradually started idling higher and finally if i had it in neutral with no clutch in, it would rev as high as it could.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Mine did that when I had it installed. Just unplug the battery and reconnect it. Make sure the other things suggested earlier are checked.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TPS is brand new.... the old one broke when i took it off the stock TB... dont ask :) anyway! its a new one on... i was thinking of pulling off the TB and checking everything and redoing the TPS sensor.... anyway... Um... ill give it a looky lo tommorow... what direction shoudl the tps be facing? IE where the wire loom plugs into it.. thats facing towards the well firewall.... ??? hmmm

Smitty

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well pulled the TB off... nothing wrong there no stickyness... TPS is ok... ordering a new one just in case.... pulled battery out for 35 minutes..... and it still does it.... anyone have anything else that i could try? oh yeah eve greased the butterfly....still doing it.... bout 3K it sits around now.... not always jus sometimes

Smitty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts