Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anybody out there who can vouch for either one of these tb's? there's a 40 dollar difference between the 2 and i was wondering if either one was better than the other.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The BBK is an original piece. They specialize in throttle bodies. The Steeda looks like a private label job and is really a FC. My money is on BBK.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the steeda one looks just like the fc ones, probably are. and i have heard that the bbk's aren't quite as responsive. hopefully a few more people will be able to add to this thread.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The steeda one is the Focus Central one. Steeda carries a couple of FC parts
up to and including the Focus Central long tube header. I would say go with
the Steeda throttle body.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm selling my used 65mm tb from FC

PM me if u want

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Steeda one is a FC one and THEY DONT HAVE ANY MORE. I tried to order one from them. I had to get it from Modern Preformance in TX and they only have red left. I have not yet put my FC one in the car yet. Im polishing out the little cuts made by the CNC machine on the inside to improve the air flow.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah that's what i thought, but doesn't steeda still make a tb? it's advertised on their site right now and is on sale, so i don't know why they would show it and not sell it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thats the one that I called about. They have not updated their site. I found that to be true on Modern's site too. Its very annoying. I have found that Steeda dose not make their own TB, UDP's and Cam gears. I ordered the "Steeda" cam gears and got a set of Fidanza's. Im looseing faith in Steeda. I also herd that Focus Central might be comeing back.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I recall having heard the company that made the TBs for Focus Central orignally is still selling them without the FC markings, I just can't recall who it was that makes them.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Thats funny that steeda still has the tbs still for sale, I just recently got their
2006 parts catalog and they have it listed in there, only the blue on though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts