Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is getting her 65 Mustang painted and we are needing a paint code. The name of the color we are after is Medium Mondeo Blue. Here is a picture of what the color looks like. http://www.michiganmustang.com/My65GT.jpg I am having a heck of a time finding the color code. If anyone could please help me out it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks FF.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The door tag (if the door has not been replaced) should give a color code if i remember correctly. I used to know this along time ago. I had a 66 stang. I would suggest finding a older mustang site. Also check your local magazine stand, every once in awhile the mustang mags go over decifering numbers. Sorry I could not be of more help.

·
I'm Back!
2,304 Posts
^^ Nice chart, I never seen a OEM color scheme blue like in the pic. I would personally go with the '65 color swatches. If you don't already know, all the '65 shelbys started out with wimbleton white base color. with blue, red or green stripes. (according to my mustang book)

·
Registered
263 Posts
oldpunk78 great find! I gave you a rep point
My sister had a 65 in arcadian blue. It looked good with weld 5 star wheels.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i couldn't actually find the medium mondeo blue, i think you may have it mis-named, but idk. i found ALL of the ford color codes on a site in the uk, and still couldn't come up with your color.

good luck man, i searched this for over an hour last night. you might just what to contact ford...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for the help. We finally decided to just go look at some new Mustangs and find a color she liked. She decided on Vista Blue Metallic Clearcoat. The paint code is a G9. It was on a 08 Shelby GT with silver racing stripes. She is going to have white racing stripes. It should be painted by the end of the week and then my father in law and I are going to do the interior. Hopefully it will be drivable soon. Thanks again everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts