Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Doubtful, pretty sure the pre-2012 motors were a totally different architecture.
The TB drive motor? The 08-11 is drive by wire

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
72 Posts
No, I was referring to the engine architecture. I assumed that the throttle bodies would be different, since my understanding is there is not much interchange between the Ti-VCT and the earlier engines. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
From the video I'd seen earlier, they looked similar. Next time I'm in Pik-A-Part, I'll need to check closer, before I lay down any cash. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I have a 2000 ZX3 vin 3 would i benefit with mpg with the 63mm t/b? I fo have 233k+ miles on the engine, doesn't smoke, and can still scream out 5.5k rpm.
Suggestions?
Yours is drive by cable, not compatible

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
I have a 2000 ZX3 vin 3 would i benefit with mpg with the 63mm t/b? I fo have 233k+ miles on the engine, doesn't smoke, and can still scream out 5.5k rpm.
Suggestions?
Would you gain MPG ,HP , TQ no

Dyno tested properly will show no gains from a larger TB

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hey, hmmm

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
85 Posts
Suggestions?
you're in the wrong discussion forum. You're gonna want to head to the discussion forums -> Ford Focus First Generation -> ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

your car has a zetec, which means that the throttle is operated by cable, not wire. You can still widen the throttle body if you want sharper petal repose, but it wouldn't make sense without a CAI.

Best bang per buck is of course a Cold air intake (CAI) or short ram intake.
Also consider doing a lunch box delete (remove the second clunky muffler).

check out the zetec forums for more on both of these things, they are everyone'e first mod. cheap, easy, and noticeable. Its all downhill from there [drinking]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry to bump this dead horse [hihi] I just posted a 63mm throttle body for sale in the marketplace, was wondering which drive by wire engines it will bolt up to. Thanks for the help

61 - 71 of 71 Posts