Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy an airesearch t3 turbo .60 ar / .84ar divided is to big for my engine? I'm only gonna push like 10 psi stock block

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
I'm guessing custom manifold to mount it?

I'm not an expert but I don't think that will give you much usable power by the time it fully spools up.

I would map out your goals for the car first then choose the turbo accordingly. Seek some advice from FSwerks, Top Speed or Tom.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Agree, the hot side is too big and it will take forever to spool, with a smaller one you will have a more usable power band and get more out of it. I would use it if were to drag race with forged internals @30psi.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
IDK how anyone can say it will be to slow or not good enough if you dont know the size of the turbo in the first place. if this turbos the size of a 28r i would only use a .82 housing

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think is bigger than a 28r
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill do more research about it
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Yeah definitely do some more research. You're going to need some custom made stuff. It's a good price and I know it says it's rebuilt, but that turbine housing looks pretty abused.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Tell you what im in Love with my CT3 Billet Triple Ceramic Ball Bearing turbo compared to that junk t3/t4 garret I had. Good up to 560 hp makes full boost of 15psi at 3700 rpm and produces boost at 2600 its a 55trim with .48 exhaust. It spools like a diesel at idle to quite ridiculous for sure not for the sleeper types. (hopefully I dont starve this one of oil lol)

It really just matters what your budget is.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Honestly I made a mistake spending 700 on a t3/t4 from garrett, when a better (Much Much better turbo was 500 more) and it has built in oil restrictors built to spec for the car. so you tell them your peak oil pressure and they build the right size restrictor for your turbo all you need to do is put your regular fitting and your set.

Also everything is 100% billet, billet wheel, comps custom triple ceramic bearing center is 100% billet aluminum as well. I may sound like im bragging but this is by far the best quality I have seen in a turbo. the housing is threaded for your return and feed lines also built to spec. and the best part of their ball bearing turbos... Oil Cooled only or you can go water cooled only with a sealed bearing housing. Finally saw the oil less turbo yesterday and the guy has 31,000 miles on it so far and there is absolutely no play in it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts