Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm having some serious radio problems that seem to be getting progessively worse as I try to determine the problem. I have a series of problems now radio and cd related. I would like to get the radio side of things working again first and then deal with what I see is a problem with many ff members, the cd side of the 6006 in dash changer. I have a 2001 Ford Focus LX with a 6006 in dash cd changer. From my research, I don't even think those in dash changer's were available until 2002, so I don't even know if it's the original radio, or if someone threw it in there when selling the car.

I purchased this car used. The radio has worked fine all this time, but the cd side of things never did. If I push CD it says "no discs". If I try to put a cd in it doesn't accept a cd. If I push the load button, it says wait and makes a series of clicking sounds (sounds like it is filing through the magazine looking for a cd). After the clicking ends, it says cd error, and the clock turns into a series of different numbers or letters perhaps instead of the actual time. Although this code, if it is even an error code, seems to change every time I do it, therefore I don't have it and I'm not sure what it means.

So, I purchased the DIN tools to examine the back of the radio, and see what I could see without detaching any cables. I don't have the radio code as of yet, so I didn't want to unclip anything. I was looking to see if anything was loose, or if I could access the cd magazine. I didn't seem to have any luck. I put the radio back in. It seems to be seated properly back in there. Now I have a problem with radio reception!!!! Some stations come through. But other station presets that worked before are now just static. Also the fm transmitter channel presets I use for my Sirius satellite radio and my Mp3 player are weaker. Where before unseating the radio, I had no problem with interference. Now unless I hold the satellite radio or Mp3 player transmitter right next to the radio face I get static. It's like from just inspecting the back of the radio, I somehow messed up the antenna connection.

Does anyone know what's going on? How did I lose antenna reception from just looking at the back of the radio? Do I need the radio code to restore function? Does anyone know how I get the radio code for my changer in case I need to unclip things to work on it? It's serial number is M033258 part # 1S4F-18C815-AD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
cd problem

Hey everyone. I'm having some serious radio problems that seem to be getting progessively worse as I try to determine the problem. I have a series of problems now radio and cd related. I would like to get the radio side of things working again first and then deal with what I see is a problem with many ff members, the cd side of the 6006 in dash changer. I have a 2001 Ford Focus LX with a 6006 in dash cd changer. From my research, I don't even think those in dash changer's were available until 2002, so I don't even know if it's the original radio, or if someone threw it in there when selling the car.

I purchased this car used. The radio has worked fine all this time, but the cd side of things never did. If I push CD it says "no discs". If I try to put a cd in it doesn't accept a cd. If I push the load button, it says wait and makes a series of clicking sounds (sounds like it is filing through the magazine looking for a cd). After the clicking ends, it says cd error, and the clock turns into a series of different numbers or letters perhaps instead of the actual time. Although this code, if it is even an error code, seems to change every time I do it, therefore I don't have it and I'm not sure what it means.

So, I purchased the DIN tools to examine the back of the radio, and see what I could see without detaching any cables. I don't have the radio code as of yet, so I didn't want to unclip anything. I was looking to see if anything was loose, or if I could access the cd magazine. I didn't seem to have any luck. I put the radio back in. It seems to be seated properly back in there. Now I have a problem with radio reception!!!! Some stations come through. But other station presets that worked before are now just static. Also the fm transmitter channel presets I use for my Sirius satellite radio and my Mp3 player are weaker. Where before unseating the radio, I had no problem with interference. Now unless I hold the satellite radio or Mp3 player transmitter right next to the radio face I get static. It's like from just inspecting the back of the radio, I somehow messed up the antenna connection.

Does anyone know what's going on? How did I lose antenna reception from just looking at the back of the radio? Do I need the radio code to restore function? Does anyone know how I get the radio code for my changer in case I need to unclip things to work on it? It's serial number is M033258 part # 1S4F-18C815-AD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
HI.. re your 6006 cd player: I have one the same and it has the same problem..... I opened it up and found out that the main motor drives the mechanism via two cog wheels.... ( there are several all together), and the problem is that the first cog and the drive cog are both worn and one slips off the other............ I could disasemble it and fit new cogs if I could buy them , but don't know where one could get new cog wheels? any ideas? did you get your cd fixed? can't help re antenna problem. If you have not yet got code, I may be able to help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts