Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've got a 2004 ZTS stereo problem...

Ford has told me that this is normal but I think it is bull. If the stereo was really manufacutred to do this, then I guess it was, and done horribly. But I am trying to find out if this happens to ANYONE else. I'll try to make it easy to understand.

If I am listening to a CD as normal and turn off my stereo before I turn the car off, then the next time I turn the car on, the stereo flips through and reads all 6 cd slots in the unit. If I power the stereo on during this cycle, it takes me to the radio instead of the CD mode because it isn't done cycling through. Once it has recognized all 6 (or however many cds I have in the unit) then I am able to switch to CD mode and it plays from CD 1, no matter what.

Converseley, if I do not turn the stereo off before turning the car off, when I turn the car on next, it resumes playback from where I was, just like it should.

The only reason I am concerned about this is once I am out of warranty, I'd have to pay for this to get fixed. The wear and tear that this unit is putting on itself is unnecessary and seriously ridiculous. Does this happen to anyone else? Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine does that as well, basiclly I would mind but considering I am getting a new HU to play my iPod I no longer care... what a great American product.

·
Registered
950 Posts
why turn the stereo off before turn the car off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well if my phone rings, sometimes I'll just shut the radio off to take the call. Then it'll stay off til the next restart, and bam. It's annoying as eff... good to know it happens to at least another person... anyone else?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My mom has the 6 in dash cd player I will try and see if it does that to me. The new focus has a mute button on the radio which helps when taking phone calls. I am getting an '07 and when I test drove the call it had a mute button.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sheila_beela said:
My mom has the 6 in dash cd player I will try and see if it does that to me. The new focus has a mute button on the radio which helps when taking phone calls. I am getting an '07 and when I test drove the call it had a mute button.
mine does not have a mute button... a side note, though. after listening to a cd and turning the stereo off, you have to drive for at least another five minutes... so just turn it off a few minutes before you get to your destination. thanks for trying... it seems to be a new stereo so maybe they fixed the problem

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 6006 and I am trying to figure out why it is not working. What happens/displays when you take the security strip off?

Are the security strips programed to work only on one unit?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts