Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
TBD?

to be determined?

lol idk i drove the shit outta both my trannies and they never failed (ie blowing up or grenading)

so i have faith in them...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
torque biasing differential..... did you not see that thread on how there really is no lsd's for the focus.... they are actually torque biasing differentials... maybe that was on the other site...

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
idk i would love to have an lsd but for the price i could sell my tans and more then likely get a five speed, upgraded clutch and an lsd for the same price as just putting one in my tans.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
hmm really hard to say which would be best for me. the 6 speed 1st gear tops 40mph and 2nd tops 70. same as the automatic. so for a stock zetec it probably wouldnt be any quicker lol.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
hmm really hard to say which would be best for me. the 6 speed 1st gear tops 40mph and 2nd tops 70. same as the automatic. so for a stock zetec it probably wouldnt be any quicker lol.
it would likely be a lot quicker. and a LOT more fun to drive.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
its absolutely the best mod i ever did to the focus.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So whats the price range with all the parts needs stage 2 clutch and light weight flywheels and all the parts need for this swap? i'm definately considering it for when I swap my clutch and flywheel out of my zx3.

·
Registered
538 Posts
now that i found my mtx wasted I was thinking of this as well...lets revive this beauty !

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
The Getrag doesn't help with fuel economy at all. 6th gear is very similar to 5th in the MTX75

·
Registered
39 Posts
going the other way

Well, I want to go the other way from most people. I don't want faster acceleration, I want better MPG. I've always felt like the car needed one gear higher, an actual overdrive. I don't know how to get that other than buy a 6-speed, then buy new gears to have the gear ratio I want. I really think this car could get 40mpg on the highway.
Alas, the 'great minds in charge' want this car to be fully loaded with luggage and four people and still accelerate decently. I drive 99.5% of the time by myself.
Oh well, 'they' are in charge of our lives!

bamakodaker

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Ive got my six speed tranny sitting in my garage waiting for the day when i feel like doing this swap! I cant wait.... the stuff i have done to my car + six speed should be awesome! Im just saving up for the rest of the parts and a new clutch and flywheel for it and it will go in.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts