Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess we are good at that.......Just waiting patiently to put that checkmark beside "AWD Focus"

Seems like everytime you shift the 6-speed, the tach is right around 2500(right where the power band on those crower 2's start to kick in.......worked out just how I was hoping........autox here we come..........

There is an AWD kit for the focus it costly though. I'll see if i can dig up the web site again.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
mine will be going in the next two weeks. 6 spd ftw

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
ha its all about who you know and who knows the car.

tmk i will be the only zetec on the WC witha 6spd

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
what do you need pics of?

its a simple tranny swap really...

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
^^^ Same as auto to 5speed. Ilinipo has a thread about that. And nice thread resurrection.
well its actually a really good thread...its the only fully comprehensive thread about 6spd swaps...

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
you're going to use an SVT clutch and SVT flywheel...it bolts right to the zetec crank...since they are essentially the same as svt

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
yea, i know they are the same and would bolt right up. just wasn't sure witch one u would have to use. so just wondering but if i was to say want to put a five speed into the svt i would then be able to use just a regular zetec clutch and fly wheel corect?

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
yes...you use the clutch and flywheel for the model tranny you're using.

personally i wouldn't go to the 5spd again. that 6spd is awesome. makes driving awesome.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
yea, i will give u that the six speed is awsome, but it does have some down falls to it. its very pricey to get parts for compared to the five speed. first gear is kinda tall as well. and its heavy! the light weight fly wheel is still like 15 pounds or something. but idk ive alway thought it would be kinda cool to see what an svt could do with a five speed in the quarter compared to the six speed. i dought that i will ever do it, but would be kinda cool.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
parts are a tad bit more expensive.

however i think its a stronger tranny.

i thought the LFW from FS was like 12 or something, thats damn light...makes a huge difference with UDPs as well.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
it might be 12, but the lwf for the five speed is onyl i wanna say 8 pounds or so. i know its not much of a difference but its still a difference. but yea, i'm deffinatly not giving up my six speed any time soon, if ever. even more so since i just ordered a st170 rear bumper and front end for it! so i'm now broke.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
5sp ftwn ... muahahaha.... but seriously i thought the 5sp was stronger....

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
idk if the 5spd is stronger...they're both pretty robust.

an LSD makes the svt one of my favorite cars ever to drive...mmm traction

61 - 80 of 105 Posts