Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Congrats on the swap! I don't really know why people with SVT's hate the tranny so much, it helps having a tall gear in winter with no traction control.

Silver03SVT said:
I was always under the impression that the 5 speed was a better performace oriented tranny while the 6 speed is better suited for auto crossing and cruising.
Actually the 5-speed is better for the quarter mile and overall cruising (geared higher than the Getrag). The Getrag has closer ratios for the race track to keep your engine near it's peak power output.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Toolman00 said:
Actually the 5-speed is better for the quarter mile and overall cruising (geared higher than the Getrag). The Getrag has closer ratios for the race track to keep your engine near it's peak power output.
Now what if you want to do high way runs in "mexico". Which one would you go for?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Wow....i did a full suspension swap including sway bars in about 3 hours in my driveway....on jack stands....with no power tools....and it was my first time....how did it take you 5 days??

Awesome swap.....do you like it better now than the mtx75?

shaneZx3 said:
Man, it took me like five days to do just the suspension swap. And here you are doing it after lunch one day

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
ah i want to do this! do you have a step by step by chance?

P

·
0 Posts
Hey, I wanted to say thanks for this thread, very informative, I'm all for the swapping, yeah i'm really late for this thread too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah i know this a little late, but i do have a few questions,

im thinking about doing this to a 04 zetec manuel(it apears to be leaking fluid, and they probly wont warrinety it) Sooooo what i need ot know IS

this list

Transmission
Axles
Shifter Asy
Shift Cables
Fly Wheel
Clutch
Pressure Plate
Upper Tranny Lower Mount(bolts to tranny)
Trans Harness
SVT Flywheel Bolts
Carrier Bearing Mount
Clutch Line(optional)
PS Line(optional)

im guessing its cause the SVT tranny has mounts etc in diffrent spots, the things like clutch, flywheel, axles, pressure plate and shiting cables must ALL be swaped? and if so does IT need to be modfied to mount? and how many of these parts come with a new tranny? none? some?

also other then the pig tail and ecu, any other stock parts(ones not being replaced) need moding? like where the flywheel mounts etc?

and well another major thing how much do the parts(minus the tranny itsself) run? preferably new, but ill take used. i can do the install myself...

i HOPE i dont have to do this swap. but from where i see fluid leaking(mmm UV dye in the fluid) then i might be UBER SOL

thank you anyone who can help(feel free to PM me as to not clutter)

-levi

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
^^^ You really need to get in touch with Jeremy at Focussalvage.com for most of those parts and info. He has done the swap as well.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Now my question is sence you can mate a svt tranny to a zetec block, can you mate a svt engine to the mtx tranny?
Well of course.....I put the 6-speed in my wifes car, and my brother put the SVT engine in his ZX3......so yes, plus we made it run with a stock computer and have both the intake runners and the VCT functional.........
so uh...try to [read] please...

41 - 60 of 105 Posts