Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
good gosh, a 2.5L duratec! my dads contour had one of those in it, that was a very nice engine, i liked it alot. I would have never imagined in my wildest dreams you'd ever be able to fit one of those into a Focus. Was it hard? is that the 170hp, or does it have more than that?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
stockLX said:
good gosh, a 2.5L duratec! my dads contour had one of those in it, that was a very nice engine, i liked it alot. I would have never imagined in my wildest dreams you'd ever be able to fit one of those into a Focus. Was it hard? is that the 170hp, or does it have more than that?
You can fit something much bigger than that into the focus. Try using the search button for ZX351 or just click this sentence.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
tunedfocuzx3 said:
i know..they're everywhere, kinda like "what cai is the best"...
Very true. But something like that brought us all here at one time or another, so I try to be patient with the new guys!

·
Registered
116 Posts
v6focus said:
Right around 5 hours.......luch break and we put her SVT suspension on too........so we made good time..........
Man, it took me like five days to do just the suspension swap. And here you are doing it after lunch one day

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
1. He does this for a living ( Manager at a parts yard )
2.) He has help
3.) He has access to a killer garage
4.) He's good at at and so is the help ( top notch Ford tech )
5.) He cheats and sold his soul to the devil..LOL

Just kidding on #5

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well it is officially a finished swap.......went to McNews today and had the chip reflashed to correct the speedometer problem.........cost will vary, depends on how cheap you get all the stuff........yes Viney, you are right, even number 5........you don't think we do all of this by our skill do you?????

·
Registered
54 Posts
jollyjohnj said:
You can fit something much bigger than that into the focus. Try using the search button for ZX351 or just click this sentence.

[eek]
If you rear-drive mount the engine, you would have lots of room. that 2.5 duratec is transverse mounted, and is just about as wide as a v8 with those massive twin cam heads. Its got to be a tight fit... even in the contour maintainability was a nightmare !
all i can say is good job man, that is one sweet ride.[thumb]

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
yourchemicalbrother said:
Nice going on the tranny swap, anybody got a link on how to do the SVT engine and tranny swap in a 2000 ZX3??
Now my question is sence you can mate a svt tranny to a zetec block, can you mate a svt engine to the mtx tranny?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Awesomeness! I was just thinking about this today, and was going to make a post. :X Now I don't have to sacrafice my e-maleorgan!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
REDFOCZ said:
Now my question is sence you can mate a svt tranny to a zetec block, can you mate a svt engine to the mtx tranny?
Well of course.....I put the 6-speed in my wifes car, and my brother put the SVT engine in his ZX3......so yes, plus we made it run with a stock computer and have both the intake runners and the VCT functional.........

·
Registered
705 Posts
Ok what else would you need to do it to an auto ? If you can answer for me cause my warranty is over and Im up for some power in a two years or so and if the cost for a semi build auto is the same as the swap I might be interested.

Yes i shoulda started with a manual tranny car but , me and my mom used to share both our cars.

Im more interested in auto-x than drag racing where i guess the built auto might help with a turbo launch.

Sorry if im thread jacking. Just gots questions.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts