Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Sirius with a 6 months free offer, when does it start? When the car is purchased or when you activate it?

·
Registered
472 Posts
What about day I buy the car used and the original buyer never activated? :D
I think there is some sort of communication between the Dealer and Sirius about when the car is bought. When I got mine I didnt have to do anything to activate it, it just worked. Then a few weeks later I got a welcome letter from Sirius. So even if the previous buyer didnt use it it was probably activated for the 6 month trial anyway. If you want to activate it, call them and if you complain that pricing is too high they will usually give you a deal. Then when that deal runs out call them again and they will give you a new deal..

At least thats what I used to do a few years back when I had Sirius in my old car. I havent called them about the focus cause I still have a few months left on the trial.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Whatever you do, prepare yourself for a never-ending string of junk mail from Sirius/XM begging you to come back and pay for shitty, ultra-compressed, low-quality audio.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the car a few months ago and have only done short trips, so I never used it. I did not knowingly activate it by going online etc.. I was expecting something in the mail welcoming me. I was thinking I still have the 6 months, but maybe not. How do you normally sign up for it? Does the dealership give them all my contact information? I have to look into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought my car a month ago. It was activated the first time I drove the car. I have never been interested in satellite before now. I do like some of the stations. Like 95 comedy station, uncut comedy. And different genres of music channels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought the car a few months ago and have only done short trips, so I never used it. I did not knowingly activate it by going online etc.. I was expecting something in the mail welcoming me. I was thinking I still have the 6 months, but maybe not. How do you normally sign up for it? Does the dealership give them all my contact information? I have to look into it. Thanks.
You can get the ID code on channel 0. Log into Sirius site with that. It will say when it runs out.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Your 6 months free service when YOU activate it. You call the 800 number that appears on your screen.

I just bought a 2014 Ti with 3,400 miles; I am owner #2. I had SiriusXM on my '13 SE which I traded. When I called Sirius to transfer the service to the '14, the rep told me that there was 6 months free service included with the '14, which the 1st owner had never activated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Assuming the dealer hasn't already activated it.

If the dealer did all he was suppose to do. It should already be activated. Log on to Sirius with the ID, Your name should show up on that account. Well, mine did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts