Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
474 Posts
What about day I buy the car used and the original buyer never activated? :D
I think there is some sort of communication between the Dealer and Sirius about when the car is bought. When I got mine I didnt have to do anything to activate it, it just worked. Then a few weeks later I got a welcome letter from Sirius. So even if the previous buyer didnt use it it was probably activated for the 6 month trial anyway. If you want to activate it, call them and if you complain that pricing is too high they will usually give you a deal. Then when that deal runs out call them again and they will give you a new deal..

At least thats what I used to do a few years back when I had Sirius in my old car. I havent called them about the focus cause I still have a few months left on the trial.

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the car a few months ago and have only done short trips, so I never used it. I did not knowingly activate it by going online etc.. I was expecting something in the mail welcoming me. I was thinking I still have the 6 months, but maybe not. How do you normally sign up for it? Does the dealership give them all my contact information? I have to look into it. Thanks.

· Registered
29 Posts
I bought my car a month ago. It was activated the first time I drove the car. I have never been interested in satellite before now. I do like some of the stations. Like 95 comedy station, uncut comedy. And different genres of music channels.

· Registered
29 Posts
I bought the car a few months ago and have only done short trips, so I never used it. I did not knowingly activate it by going online etc.. I was expecting something in the mail welcoming me. I was thinking I still have the 6 months, but maybe not. How do you normally sign up for it? Does the dealership give them all my contact information? I have to look into it. Thanks.
You can get the ID code on channel 0. Log into Sirius site with that. It will say when it runs out.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Your 6 months free service when YOU activate it. You call the 800 number that appears on your screen.

I just bought a 2014 Ti with 3,400 miles; I am owner #2. I had SiriusXM on my '13 SE which I traded. When I called Sirius to transfer the service to the '14, the rep told me that there was 6 months free service included with the '14, which the 1st owner had never activated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.