Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i really enjoy the option of having my 6 disk stocker but i also like using my i-pod... now my question is... are there any aftermarket cd changers that are still i-pod ready? i have the idea to mount the changer in the glove box and that would look cool... but if i want to use my i-pod i want that option... so are there any cd changers that are i-pod ready, or i-pod compatable... that wont cost me my right arm? thanks in advance and if its a stupid question im sorry but im bored, cant sleep and have to be at work in a few hours... so its idea time [;)]

thanks again

josh [thumb]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
noone? anyone have any idea if it even exists?

·
Registered
545 Posts
do you have an 05-06?? if so do a google search for "frd04-aux"

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have an 05

·
Registered
545 Posts
i put the frd04-aux, in my '05 and it is awesomo, i just have an 1/8'' plug hanging out of that little insert below the center climate knobs and such, it took about 15 minutes to install, and sounds great. It's a little pricey, so i asked for it for a b-day gift..... but if you are an audiophile it blows away any FM transmitter

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
gitar111 said:
i put the frd04-aux, in my '05 and it is awesomo, i just have an 1/8'' plug hanging out of that little insert below the center climate knobs and such, it took about 15 minutes to install, and sounds great. It's a little pricey, so i asked for it for a b-day gift..... but if you are an audiophile it blows away any FM transmitter

any kinda wire is going to blow away the FM...damn that sucks. I tried that for a little while and ended up buying an alpine HU that was iPod ready. Best buy I have made in a long time

One thing I noticed though, that you may want to consider....once you have the ipod in the car, a single cd player is more than enough....you will hardly listen to cd's anymore.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i was considdering just getting a new HU, I know alpine makes good stuff, but then dont you lose your steeling wheel controls?? and then aux adapter was expensive but still cheaper than a new HU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts