Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time post!!

Anyone here ever had this problem....Radio display is flashing non-stop! I turn off the radio, the clock continues to flash. Everything works though. CD player, radio, etc. Even all my presets are still there. I thought maybe I would disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes and see if that cures it. Any clues or suggestions as to why this is happening? The radio is the stock 6 disc cd changer if you are wondering.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Panchov - Does the entire display flash or just the clock?
You don't indicate what year/model Focus you have but if it's under warranty, take it in for service/replacement.
If not under warranty - I'd try dropping power to the unit for a while. (It may "remember" all the settings until power has totally drained)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thanks for the response. I disconnected the positive cable on the battery and let it sit for 2 minutes. The radio stopped flashing and all is well. My preset are even still there.

I have a ZX5 and its under extended warranty. At least for now I save myself 50 bucks unless the problem comes back.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
This happened to me on my commute home. Disconnected the battery and problem solved. Are you guys finding that is completely and totally random that it happens? After disconnecting the battery mine froze for a second. Are you guys having that problem as well?

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Wow, people need to look at the post dates before they respond lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flashing radio display

Apparently, my Blueberry is a late bloomer. I have a 2002 ZX5 that is just now getting to the flashing radio display issue. From the research I've done on this incredibly help site, I will be disconnecting the battery cable for a few minutes.

Thanks to all who posted replies to this initial question. Little did you know you'd be helping someone several years down the road!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts