Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ejected the 6th cd and inserted one. All of a sudden it wouldn't read the 6th cd. It's like somethign is stuck cause it won't change cds and it keeps saying cd error.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Holy shit that happened to my moms ZTS focus and i thought it was just ours. Dont **** with it any more and take it to the dealer right away cause ours ate 5 cds.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
mine ate 2, taproot and alice in chains, it's funny because that alice in chains cd has been replaced 4 times already, the live version. i took it to the dealer, they put a new one in and sent the old one for repairs, they were supposed to give me back the cd's if they were still good or buy new ones if the cd player ruined them. about 5 months later i've got nothing. oh well.

- Scott

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
press 3, 4, & seek up at the same time. It should run some diagnostics. This might work if your six disc is like mine.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Infra3sv said:
press 3, 4, & seek up at the same time. It should run some diagnostics. This might work if your six disc is like mine.
u can't pres 3 abd 4 at the same time bro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Solaris, mine did the same thing. I don't exactly remember what I did to make it start working again, but I do know that at one time I had to take the damn thing apart to get my CDs out. All I did was pull the top plate off the unit and the CDs are accessible from there.

I think one time I disconnected the battery for like 15 minutes, then reconnected it and when you turn the radio back on, turn it to AM/FM mode. I think that allowed it to read all the CDs right. It takes a minutes or so, though.

It did this to me several different times, not just once.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's like 2 cds are in one slot

·
Registered
9 Posts
The way it's made, that's possible. The CD loading mechanism and trays are not very sturdy. I don't know how there haven't been more problems with them.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
taht exactly what happened to mine. 2 cds i one slot, i managed to get the rest out though by taking it apart a little and removing the radio and letting it restart and try to recongize all the cds in it's slots and i got them out.

- Scott

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i don't wanna crack mine open i have set up to take it to the dealer on Thursday. If it's over $100 to fix it i'm just gunna go buy a cool cd player at like circuit city or something i can live with out 6 disc in dash

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well my car isn't under warrenty

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
please lol it's a dealer they will not fix it to be nice

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, my car is still under warranty...even the radio tech at the dealership says the 6 discs are pieces of crap. 3 units and 5 trips to the dealership later, I'm giving up. I'm putting in a new kenwood mp3 unit next week. Does anyone else have problems with erratic volume control as well?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya i go thursday to get it all checked out. if it's over $150 to fix they can shove it up there ass

1 - 20 of 41 Posts