Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey FF, I'm picking up some pioneer door speakers to replace the stockers and I was just wondering if there is a huge diff between the 6x8's and 5x7's, from what I understand they both will fit. I was just curious if the 6x8's sound better or louder? Thanks everyone!

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
the diff wouldn't be noticeable, the sound quality is more on how the speaker is built not necessarly the size of the speaker

·
Registered
338 Posts
Get or build an adapter plate and put in 6.5". Round speakers will always sound better (except cheap vs quality speaker). Oval speakers are the dumbest thing ever invented.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The Pioneer's are all 5x7/6x8's. AFAIK, they don't make each size individually. Actually, the mounting plate on them is stamped "custom fit for Ford and Mazda." As for if there is a difference, not really. It's the same size speaker. The only difference is that some manufacturers use "plus one" sizing, where they cram in the biggest size cone as possible. However, the better sound quality of these "plus-one" speakers come more from the fact that they usually use better materials and are better quality overall. The size won't make much of a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts