Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about $5k which would give me more power turbo or a super?? I want my SVT Focus to be able to hang with the SRT-4 and WRX (not sti) Think its possible for 5k?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm How much would that cost for the turbo and everything needed to be done to it?

·
FF Affiliate
30,887 Posts
The kit runs 5800.00 and the rest depends on if you want to install it want a BOV and what kind of boost controller and boost gauge you want ,,With all the good stuff about 6500.00

Tom

·
Registered
185 Posts
I guess I better start saving my pennies.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The precsion turbo kit is $3900, and there is an article about it in Focus Fanatic. IMO, that is the best choice.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The precision turbo kit isn't tried and true, who has one? If they are great then folks would have them right? Not saying they are bad, I am saying don't tell someone that it is the best choice when you have no verifiable proof.

Toms kit is expensive but with him your getting more than a box of parts. Your getting someone who has spent their personal time and effort in making and perfecting his product. You are also getting a manufacturer who stands by his product and is there to give tech support at anytime. Try to call vortech or precision and get a straight answer, just not gonna happen the first time. You call tom, you talk to the guy with all the info right off the bat!

·
FF Affiliate
30,887 Posts
s2dude,,QUOTE,, The precsion turbo kit is $3900, and there is an article about it in Focus Fanatic. IMO, that is the best choice.

Why do you say this and what are you going to do about tuning

Tom

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Tom may have the know how and such...but I think that $6500 price tag needs to be re-evaluated.

I can't imagine spending that much for a turbo setup.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
His kit is hand made, no one complains when a ferrari which is hand made costs $ 500,000, yea half a mil for parts, right.

If he was gonna starve b/c his kit was too expensive then I think he would lower the price.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
You know what is just insane, the engine in the enzo cost $200,000+[ohcrap]

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
you could put a V8 mid mounted putting out the same power as the enzo in your focus, make it AWD, and have the body be made completely out of carbon fiber for less, or it least close to the same price of just the engine of the enzo.

Damn that would be a sweet ride.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That would be sweet I think I may have to just go with the Vortech if I do decide to spend this much the Vortech s/c puts out a good amount of power for what your paying I would love to have the turbo but its way to expensive 5k would break my walt enough can't spend another $1,800

·
FF Affiliate
30,887 Posts
Power yes ,Every one always looks at the power ,Its NOT the power that you feel its the TQ ,Look at the TQ where is it at on the jrsc or the Vortech LOW,LOW,LOW ,My turbo kit make 100+more TQ at almost every RPM

You cant take the 1800.00 you saved and buy anything that will give you the TQ and HP that my kit will do for less time and less trouble

If the Vortech is they way you have to go i have about the best deal on them anywhere also

Tom

·
Registered
123 Posts
the turbo ur talkin about sounds great just gotta make sure he doesnt over do it with boost and blow the engine not sure what boost that turbo runs but i know turbos will make more overall and the lag isnt much of an issue bc the turbos power makes up for it.so if u want the most i would go turbo,just be sure u got the engine strong enough for the turbo u want.and if u wanna really go at it with an srt-4 and wrx then turbo might be the only good way to go about that.just make sure u dont go a warranty also bc from what ford told me forced induction is an automatic voiding off the entire warranty too.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Tom,

Would your kit work on a stock SVT bottom end? I'd love to get that kind of power out of my car, but for that kind of money, I should just trade in my SVT for a WRX or a used STI (in a few years). Cuz, in the end, the SVT will make the power, but the WRX will still be AWD. Also, what are you official thoughts on the Vortech kit? Don't think I've heard your opinion yet...

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts