Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all first thread like, bought this car focus 1.8tdci 57 plate a week yesterday with around 14,000 miles on it and everything is fine with it apart from when i set off i get this strange vibration noise its definately somewhere around the front and seems to go in unison with the engine note, i really can't pin point where its coming from, it also happens when i accelerate. It doesn't happen all the time sometimes its not there othertimes it is. It almost sounds like a very wierd trim rattle although i wouldn't have thought it was unfortunately. Please someone give me some ideas!!!! Thanks in advance! oH yeah it doesn't happen past a certain rev range either its never there after around 2,200 i'd say.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hi mate ,welcome to FF, i'm in west yorks,near wakefield. take it to a good mechanic ,the car should be under warranty,? see ford steelers (dealers) yunii

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah i have a good friend that lives in wakefield. Yeah the car is under warrenty i'd have thought they would've noticed it before the car was sent out wouldn't you? Don't you think they'll just dismiss it cos they've let it out of the garage like that so surely there'll just say theres nothing wrong?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it back to dealer today an asked if someone could come and have a drive in it and they did. He went out in it and just said within about a minute the DMF (dual mass flywheel) needs looking at. I've been on the internet since and looked up if its common and it happens to a lot of modern turbo diesels apparently not just fords. However people usually claim the fault at around 30,000 miles onwards and feel hard done to, but mines only got 14,000 on it i only bought it the week before last!!!!

LOL anyway they're gonna sort it under warrenty, just thought this might help anyone else out if you should come accross the same problem in years to come.

Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Took it back to dealer today an asked if someone could come and have a drive in it and they did. He went out in it and just said within about a minute the DMF (dual mass flywheel) needs looking at. I've been on the internet since and looked up if its common and it happens to a lot of modern turbo diesels apparently not just fords. However people usually claim the fault at around 30,000 miles onwards and feel hard done to, but mines only got 14,000 on it i only bought it the week before last!!!!

LOL anyway they're gonna sort it under warrenty, just thought this might help anyone else out if you should come accross the same problem in years to come.

Thanks
nice one, saved you a packet or two,ensure you keep the worksheet of the wok carried for future reference & records. good luck. yunii

1 - 5 of 5 Posts