Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep,

after 50k miles, (last 27k of those are mine, the rest are the first owner's) i've got a leak at the rear main seal, which for those of you unfamiliar, it's where the engine meets the transmission.

let's just hope the oil is leaking out and not into the transmission housing.

last oil change which was a week ago, only 3.5 quarts of oil came out, and i fill with 5 quarts (not 5.5 as suggested) so as to not overfill and cause high pressure which most often causes this type of leak, or a leak around the filter adapter housing, or the valve cover.

like an idiot i cleaned the oil from the engine and trans--gonna wait til 55k and take it to ford and show them the leak and have them fix it under powertrain warranty.

Attachments

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
yep,

after 50k miles, (last 27k of those are mine, the rest are the first owner's) i've got a leak at the rear main seal, which for those of you unfamiliar, it's where the engine meets the transmission.

let's just hope the oil is leaking out and not into the transmission housing.

last oil change which was a week ago, only 3.5 quarts of oil came out, and i fill with 5 quarts (not 5.5 as suggested) so as to not overfill and cause high pressure which most often causes this type of leak, or a leak around the filter adapter housing, or the valve cover.

like an idiot i cleaned the oil from the engine and trans--gonna wait til 55k and take it to ford and show them the leak and have them fix it under powertrain warranty.
just curious... DCT or MTX75?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine looks the same at 42k it's looked that way for sometime. Let me know what the reason is please if you take it!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Mine has looked like that for as long as I can remember. Just rolled over 90k, I wouldn't worry about it personally.
Have you had ever had your clutch replaced? If not, does it shudder/slip/give you any issues?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine shutters at low speeds on occasion. But I don't mind it, I just go with the flow unless it was crazy bad then I would have an issue..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts